99. Nostalgia

I cannot express to you how much it means for you to please vote for my story. It takes less than a second, and it really helps my book to get recognised for the hundreds of hours I've put into writing it. Thank you for absolutely everything 

I also did another video where I maybe explain a now funny (but once traumatising) story of how I had to kill something. i also let you in on a little secret from a past chapter that will have every Hava shipper hating me. Soz.

Twitter: WordsWithGem 
Snapchat: gemma.allan

Instagram: gemma.allan 

Hello?" I call out to no one in particular as I enter my house. "Anyone home?"

Guess not.

"Darling, I'm in here."

Mum.

"Hey Mum," I greet her, kissing her on the cheek as I sit on her lap like I used to when I was little. "I haven't seen you since yesterday... How did everything go?"

She seems to be quite... relaxed which is a nice sign.

"Probably about as good as it could have gone," she nods. "But it's a good start. I can't thank you enough for suggesting I go... but I feel like things will get better from here."

"They will Mum. And then maybe we can meet them," I suggest.

"Uh... yes... that sounds lovely. We'll see," she answers, leaving the room before muttering something about a business call that she needs to take.

Hmm. Why would she not want for us to meet them if things are better now?

   -     -     -

The remainder of my day was consumed with napping and trying to make myself presentable for the night. The past few days I have been let down more times than I can count but I have a good feeling about everything today. The hope that was diminished has been restored and I smooth out my Moroccan printed skirt with it's matching crop top. I'm feeling confident about the way I am looking with my sun kissed skin, and natural waves falling loosely against my back. I wait by my letterbox for Scarlett who is driving us to the event. I impatiently check my watch and check the received time of her last message.

6:46pm: "Literally around the corner! Wait outside, I'm like a minute away."  

I finally see her car coming around the bend a whole 12 minutes later and jump in.

"I know, I know!" she says defensively. "I may have used the word 'literally' a little loosely."

"A little?" I smile. "You're lucky I love you," I add, leaning over to kiss her on the cheek hello.

"You look hot. I don't remember you being this tanned this morning," she says as she inspects me closely.

"Perks of falling asleep in the sun I suppose," I shrug, yawning.

"Your life is just so hard, isn't it," she mocks me. "I on the other hand feel like absolute shit."

"Well at least you look nice. I'm sure Calum will agree," I wink.

She reddens which is so unlike her, and I can't help but laugh. I enjoy getting these reactions out of her when she so obviously likes him despite her attempts to show otherwise.

"I thought I scrubbed up okay, until I saw your outfit! She quickly responds and eyes my matching two piece up and down. "Is this new? Who are you trying to impress?"