7.Engagement party

Everly
⚠️ Mature content

" Are you sure this is appropriate Ave ?" I questioned my best friend. I stood in front of her full length mirror adjusting what little fabric covered my body.

I borrowed a tight black body con that comes mid thigh paired with some red bottom stilettos that I often wear since they're my favorite.  My deep brown hair is in waves cascading around my face falling right around my mid back. For once it was actually cooperating with me. I let Ave paint on my face. I wear minimal to no make up on a usual basis but it's a special occasion tonight so why not?

After contouring, highlighting and adding eyelashes that feel like butterfly wings on my face I'm finally ready.

One final check and I'm happy with the appearance. I turn around and see the bride to be puckering her lips adding a gloss coat. She stands tall in her strappy nude heels that make her legs look miles long under her blush pink off the shoulder body con. Her blonde hair sits in loose curls just above her collarbones. Her make up its light but looks like perfection.

" You look beautiful Ave, Liam's not going to be able to keep his hands off you tonight." I tell her as we head down stairs.

"Damn babe." Is all I hear come from Liam's mouth as I follow Avery down the stairs. "I'm not sure if I'll be able to keep my hands off you tonight baby!" He adds under his breath. I pretend to not listen even though I see Ave blush from her fiancé's compliment. Told her so.

I head to the party alone leaving the lovebirds behind. I feel like I'm invading their privacy especially since I live down the hall from them. I really need to find my own place soon. I pull into the parking lot and hop out of my car. I need to make sure all the last minute details are set before the guest arrive.

I quickly get out of my car and head inside. Snap.
Are you fucking kidding me?

I look down at my heel and it's broken.I hobble back to my car searching for my back up wedges I usually have in my trunk for when I need to get more comfortable but remain classy at events I coordinate. I move around empty boxes left from packing but I can't find my damn wedges. I must have brought them in the house when we were unloading all my boxes. Great.

I reach for my purse to call Avery. Please lord let them still be home , I pray in my head.

Ring.
Ring.
Please pick up.
Ring.
Click.
Fuck.Me.

Of course out of all days she decides not to answer her damn phone. I send her a text hoping she can bring me some shoes. I throw my phone back in my purse, slip off my heels and head back to the hall.Avery please bring me some shoes I plead in my head as I walk through the doors.

The banquet hall looks gorgeous. Bistro lights hang from the ceiling making the room more romantic. Everything is dressed in white from the tables, the chairs, the flowers and even the staff making it look even more elegant. I pad over to my assistant to see what else needs to be finished. As he finishes talking to one of the servers he turns to me and I see his eyes lock in on my empty foot wear. He raises an eyebrow at me.

" I don't have the time nor the energy to explain. Can you please call Avery and see if she can bring me some shoes? I ask before he can question me. He nods and pulls out his phone.

There's not much for me to do thanks to Alex my assistant. I'm not sure if I would have been able to plan any of this without him.