Chapter 12

||Adrianna's POV||

"Adriana! Adriana! Wake up! It's Christmas!" I heard Joaquín's high pitched voice echo through my ears.

I then felt the blanket being ripped off of me.

"Come on sleepy head! Lets open presents."

I wiped the crust out my eyes trying to get a good sight of the alarm clock.

"7:06 AM"

Great.

By this time Joaquín was pulling my arm trying take me into the living room.

"Ah ah, lets brush our teeth first. I don't know how much longer I can smell your breath like this." I pinched my nose with two fingers trying to be over dramatic.

"It's Christmas, could you go a day without talking about my breath?" He pouted his mouth.

"No, no I can't." I giggled, motioning him towards the bathroom.

——————————————

"Here bighead, open this one first." I passed him the biggest box under the tree.

He tried to shake it to figure of what it was but it was too heavy.

As he tore back the rapping paper, I noticed a smile growing on his face.

"Oh my God Adriana! Thank you, thank you, thank you!" He jumped onto me filling my forehead with kisses.

"No problem, I'm glad you like it." I smiled watching him play with the truck.

"No, I love it. How did you know I wanted a monster truck?" He asked, rolling the truck back and forth.

"I can't tell you, it's a secret." We both filled the room with laughter.

Joaquín got up and went behind the couch.

"What are you doing child?"

"I made you something."

He walked up to me with his hands behind his back and knelt down.

"Here you go madam." Joaquín released a macaroni necklace into my hands.

"You like?" He smiled, revealing his missing teeth.

"No, I love it." I pulled him into a hug.

——————————————

After Joaquín opened up all of his presents, or at least that's what he thought.

I went into the bedroom and grabbed his iPod touch.

Since he had been playing with all his new cars and trucks, he hadn't realized I left.

"Joaquín, I have one more thing for you." I walked up to him with my hands behind my back.

"What could it be? I've gotten everything I wanted."

"You sure?" I revealed the iPod and his eyes lit up.

"Ahhhhhhh! Oh my freaking God! Ahhh! Adriana!" Joaquín ran around the apartment in excitement.

"I knew you would love this." I passed him the iPod once he settled down.

He plopped on the couch and began unboxing the iPod.

"You don't want to clean u-" I was cut off by a knock at the door. Not that Joaquín heard me anyways.

I walked over to the door and opened it.

"Merry Christmas!" Gabriel said passing me a plate of cookies.

"Merry Christmas." I smiled taking the cookies.

"Why are you leaning like that?"

"Look up." He grinned.

I looked up to see a mistletoe dangling above our heads.

"Seriously?" I smiled thinking he was kidding.

He chuckled before leaning in to kiss me.

Even though it was cold outside, the feel of his soft plump lips made me feel warm.

We pulled away and I felt a million butterflies flutter around my stomach.

"I could get use to this feeling you give me." Gabriel said making me make eye contact with him.

"That's literally what I be thinking." I chuckled.

"So since tomorrow is your birthday, If you're not doing anything, I would love if you and Joaquín came to my place for dinner."

"Yeah sure we'll come."

"Ight bet, I pick y'all up around four?"

"Perfect."

"Alright, I have to go to some family members houses."

"Okay, have fun."

"You do the same. Talk to you in a little while boo."

I felt my cheeks heat up in that very moment.

He gave me a hug then made his way down the steps carefully not trying to slip on the ice.

I went back into the house to tell Joaquín about where we were going tomorrow.

He was so into his iPod he just said okay like he didn't care.

Pretty reasonable.

I don't think anyone could get him off that iPod.

Just as I was about to take a seat, there was another knock at the door.

I kind of got excited Imagining Gabe standing right behind the door.

I skipped over to it, fixing my hair while doing so.

When I opened the door I seen Lucas and his mother standing there in ugly Christmas sweaters.

"Merry Christmas to you both." Lucas's mother said brightly.

Next thing I know, Joaquín ran past me and began play fight with Lucas.

His iPod no where to be found.

I guess something can get him off that device after all.

"I baked you guys a pie, its cinnamon." She said passing me the pie.

"Thank you so much, but I didn't bake you guys anything, I wasn't sure what you'd like." I replied awkwardly.

"No, it's fine. Enjoy your day." She said grabbing Lucas and heading back upstairs onto her floor.

When I turned around I seen Joaquín sitting cris crossed on the floor on you know what.

He was literally too adorable to be mad.

——————————————

Christmas was always like this minus the Gabriel thing.

This was the day when I actually felt some joy.

Not to mention my birthday is the day after Christmas.

One thing I'm nervous about is getting a real job. Something I've never had before.

Ugh, life.

——————————————
Okay but I'm kinda mad I made them kiss last chapter because their first kiss would've been wayyyy cute under the mistletoe lol.. and don't be a silent reader! I would love some feedback. Don't forget to Vote!
EXCUSE ANY SPELLING ERRORS
- Ro