TAKE III- Challenged.

TAKE III.

It was way too early when I arrived at school. It was a big mistake though. I met Akashi on the way to class. I tried hard to ignore him as we walked past each other. But suddenly, he grabbed my arm and forced me to look at him. I controlled my panic as he stared into my eyes. If stare could kill, I’d been cut into million pieces right now.

    “You....” he trailed off.

    “What?” I asked, knowing he'd ask about the incident yesterday. I wore the same fragrance everyday so I bet he'd know by smell.

    Before he could voice his answer, a teacher came to us. “Akashi-san, I’ll need you to help me with the paperwork. Can you?” he asked politely.

    Akashi released my arm as he replied, “Of course, sir. I’ll come right away.” And he followed the teacher to wherever. I sighed with relief and continued my journey to my class. As I was about to enter, someone bumped into me and I hit the door frame with my shoulder.

    “Ow!” I groaned and turned to the girl who fell to the ground. I helped her up.

    “Uh g-gomen! Are you hurt somewhere?” she asked. I narrowed my eyes. I know her.

    “Shiro?” I blurted out her name. SHIT. I wasn’t supposed to know her.

    She frowned. “How did you my name?”

    “That’s your name? Oh, a coincidence! My cousin has the same name as yours! I thought you’re her since your hair is similar to her.” I lied.

    She grinned. “I think I saw you before. What’s your name?”

    Don’t tell me she knew I was working at the bakery. “Akihiko Kazuto.” I replied.

    “Nice to meet you Kazu-chan, I suppose you’re a new student.”

    “Yeah, I am. Which class are you from?”

    “1-B.”

    “Oh, see you later, then.”

    “Yeah, of course!” she smiled and walked away. I entered the class. During recess, I met her again at the rooftop.

    “Kazu-chan?!” she seemed shocked by my presence.

    “Hey there.” I smiled.

    “You’re actually not allowed here.” She said.

    “Really!?” I backed away slightly. “Sorry.”

    She pulled my arms. “No, it’s okay.”

    I went to sit with her at the edge of the roof. “Heard you’re from Sydney.” She spoke.

    “Um yeah, great country.” I replied.

    She smiled at the sky. “Wish I could be there. It’d be fun.”

    “How’s Rakuzan like?” I changed the topic.

    “Hmm, it’s chaotic but at the same time, peaceful. It gives out that aura where you always wanna come to school,” she laughed a bit. “A demon arrived in our school earlier this year, he’s a freshman but a total monster. Former captain of the Kiseki no Sedai, he became the student council president and the captain for our basketball team. He made a great success.” She continued.

I think I know who she’s talking about.

    “Don’t mess with Akashi Seijuurou, is the best warning when a student comes here, I suppose,” She giggled. “Akashi-kun is a good guy. He does his work patiently and carefully. He never misses out any details. It’s just that he’s strict. I’ve seen him teach basketball to some juniors. He appeared to be kind and gentle. Wish I could see that side of him a little more.”