IV.

GASOLINE
- HALSEY

GASOLINE - HALSEY

☾ °☆ . * ● ¸ . ★

"who is this guy, safari sam?"

the doppelgänger stole glances of the siphoner, the later staring blankly at the wall ahead of her as klaus scrounged through alaric's closet. the vampire felt a sense of guilt over her failed attempt to leave the apartment and jocelyn behind. through her time in mystic falls once again, katherine never once left the bennett behind. jocelyn assumed the fact was why it was so hard to grasp that it was still possible.

"okay, bad—" klaus held up one of the two flannels in his hands. "or badder."

"the dark color suits you better." katherine said, her eyes never once leaving the siphoner.

jocelyn's own gaze never once faltered from it's spot on the wall and klaus easily took notice to the fact. klaus knew she had a right to be scared, but he would never hurt her. not after the events so many years before.

"why, thank you, honey." klaus spoke sarcastically, tossing the lighter colored flannel onto the bed before progressing to taking the darker colored flannel from the hanger. "okay, pop quiz. the dagger and white ash are in the salvatore's possession, am i correct?"

"the dagger was used to kill elijah. you'll find him in the basement of the salvatore house." katherine breathed out her response, seemingly out of breath, but jocelyn knew it was due to the fear coursing through her body.

"okay, that dagger needs to stay exactly where it is. the last thing i need to do is resurrect elijah. that guy is a buzzkill." klaus fought the temptation to grin towards the siphoner who, after so many years, finally had her in his grasp.

"don't forget you're on the outs with your girlfriend jenna." katherine reminded him, a slight glare on her features as she spoke.

katherine watched the way his eyes lingered on jocelyn too long for her own comfort. she despised the sense of jealousy that seemed to be nearly bursting at the seams.

"right, elena's aunt. for all the lies about isobel. what else?" the man made his way closer to the vampire, his face void of any emotion. his hand found it's way to the side of her face, katherine visibility flinching at his touch.

"that's all." katherine shivered, jocelyn catching both katherine and klaus' attention with the laugh that tumbled from her lips in response to katherine's lie.

klaus was taken by surprise that she'd made a sound, for since she'd woken the night before, jocelyn hadn't uttered a word. klaus couldn't tell whether it was fear or anger that kept the siphoner silent.

"i think you're missing something, kitty kat." jocelyn spoke with a seemingly teasing tone. "don't let her lie to you."

the smirk that found it's way to klaus' features was inevitable. the man then made his way towards the siphoner, his back turned towards katherine. the sound of jocelyn's racing heart was easily heard as every possibility of what could come next flooded her mind. klaus leaned down, pushing a piece of hair that framed her face behind her ear, but quickly found himself flinching when he felt the sensation of the girl siphoning from him.