chapter 10

Chapter 10

Hailey's POV

River and I made the ride to school, and arrived in front of the tall building. As River pulled into a parking space he said, "thank you for the breakfast. It was good."

I was glad he liked because I was quite nervous he was going to hate it.

"Oh no problem. It was your food anyways." I said nervously.

River smirked and said, "You're cute when your nervous."

I was now blushing so hard that I stepped out of the car and shouted, "See you later!"

When I got out of the car I noticed everyone was staring at me. I mean, I've been coming to and leaving school with River for a couple days now, how have they not gotten used to it?

As I took a couple steps forward, I started getting more looks and people were staring at me up and down.

Oh God, did I spill something on myself this morning and River just didn't tell me?

I looked down at my clothes and then realized what everyone was staring at. I had totally forgotten that I was wearing Rivers clothes. Apparently everyone noticed and I wasn't surprised seeing as his name was sprawled out against my back. People were probably getting the wrong idea. They probably thought I slept with River.... well technically I did.

I was stood in place when Heidi came marching my way. She matched past me and bumped my shoulder before telling me, "I thought I told you to stay the hell away from River. He's mine!"

"You can't control him. Maybe HE can't stay away from ME." I answered her, knowing that it will set something off in her.

"Ugh! Just move, bitch." She yelled before shoving me again and marching towards River who looked amused.

As she threw herself on River, I decided to walk away because for some reason seeing them together made me angry.

I made my way closer to the school when I felt an arm being thrown across my shoulder.

I looked up to see a person I least expected. Cameron.

Why was Cameron talking to me?

I looked to my other side and saw Lucas walking with us too.

Now this was weird.

"Hey, Smith!" Cameron said excitedly.

"Uhh hey." I answered looking and feeling confused.

"Why do you look so down? Is it because River is slumming it with Heidi right after he boinked you?" Cameron asked me completely serious.

"WHAT?! NO!" I yelled at him, "I did not 'boink' River!"

"Oh, you didn't?" He asked confused now.

"No!" I reassured him.

Lucas was just sighing in disapproval about this stupid conversation taking place next to him.

"Well, you're wearing his clothes and limping so I just figured you guys-" Cameron was explaining before I cut him off.

"Enough! I get what you thought!" I said frustrated.

"I'm limping because I caught my foot and I'm wearing Rivers clothes because I slept over and didn't take any clothes." I explained to him.

"Why did you sleep over his house?" He asked me still confused.

What was with him interviewing me today?

I couldn't exactly answer this question truthfully because I didn't want to tell him what was happening.