24: Quinn's Angry

Quinn watched the scene on the TV, her blood began to boil as she watched the VKs turn their backs on Evil

Quinn watched the scene on the TV, her blood began to boil as she watched the VKs turn their backs on Evil. Maddie turn her back on her. Those little traitors.

She'd given Maddie such easy guidelines to follow. She was to help the VKs steal the wand, she would make an attempt to help them. But from what she was seeing, as the Auradonians and the reformed Vks sung and dance, reveling in their victory, Maddie hadn't followed them.

Sure it was funny to watch Maleficent, who had somehow escaped the Isle face the shocked Auradonians, who were scared of what she might do. But it wasn't fun watching the VKs crush any hopes of them leaving the Isle by turning their backs on Evil, turning the backs on everything they'd ever known. Maleficent had been turned from her dragon form into a lizard because apparently the power of good was stronger than the power of evil.

Too bad being evil was much more fun.

Most of the Auradonians seemed to be good people, who could occasionally do something bad.

But the Isle people were bad, and struggled everyday to keep it in check. They were corrupt to the core, and didn't really care, knowing they'd never get off the Isle.

They were evil, believing what they were doing was good, when all the people of Auradon couldn't believe the life they were living.

It was almost funny.

Quinn hit her fist on the table, causing the people in the Shoppe to look at her in confusion, before they caught the look of anger on her face. Some chose to back away, some chose to leave, because nobody wanted to be near the daughter of the Queen of Hearts when she was angry, or else heads would surely roll.

Uma, Sam, Helia, Heather, HJ, Harry, Gil, Chelsea, and Hanna remained in place, waiting for Quinn to say what she wanted to say as the other people in the Shoppe had run away before she could do anything she wouldn't regret to them.

"That little traitor!" Quinn said. "Who left us in the dirt! Who trampled on our hope of getting off of this blasted Isle.  Who broke her oath! She'll get what she deserves."

"She will." Chelsea said, calmly trying to get Quinn to calm herself. "We'll get our revenge on her. We just have to bide our time."

"I want revenge now!" Quinn said. "How dare she double cross me?"

Quinn's gaze flickered to the TV where she saw Maddie and Carlos share a kiss.

"Oh she fell in love did she?" Quinn said to no one in particular. "Falling in love is weak. Falling in love always ruins every plan. The daughter of the Queen of Hearts is never to fall in love. She is to break hearts. She is to break souls. Not get hers broken."

"Is she talking about herself in third person?" Uma asked, tapping her nails on the counter out of habit.

"She is." Chelsea said. "If you haven't noticed we do that a lot."

"I know." Uma said. "I was just making sure she was talking about herself and not Maddie."

"Do not speak her name!" Quinn said, placing her hand on her forehead over dramatically. "If I hear her name I swear heads will roll."

"Calm down drama queen." Heather said. "No heads will roll. We won't say her name. We'll just call her the traitor."

"But there are five other traitors." HJ said. "That wouldn't make sense."

"Fine Hector." Heather said. "We'll call her broken heart, get it? Because she'll get her heart broken."

"Oh my Heather." Helia said sarcastically. "You're so clever."

"Oh shut up." Heather said. "Why don't you think of a better thing to call her."

"We can call her Traitor gone mad." Hanna said. "Because she's a traitor and she's the daughter of the Mad Hatter?"

"I like that." Quinn said. "We'll call her the traitor gone mad."

"So what are we going to do about her?" Hanna asked, tilting her head slightly.

Quinn's eye twitched slightly.

"Quinn's angry."Gil whispered rather loudly.

"I know Gil." Sam said, patting him on the head. "We can see that."

"Like Hanna said." Harry said. "What are we gonna do about the traitor gone mad?"

"We'll bide our time," Quinn said. "We'll wait until one of those traitors snaps and realizes that leaving the Isle was a mistake. That turning their back on their home was a bad idea."

"Cool." Gil said. "What else are we going to do when they get here?"

"I like that question Gil." Quinn said. "It's a good one indeed. When one of them snaps and returns to their old ways, we'll be ready. We'll take control of the Isle. We'll make sure everyone fears and respects us and is behind us. And we'll make them regret that they ever left."

"So that's the plan." Chelsea said. "Take control of the Isle, wait until one of them snaps. What will we do when they snap?"

"We'll be ready." Uma said. "When one comes back, the others are sure to come crawling back trying to bring that one back home. Maybe they'll bring us the king, then we can kidnap him and ransom him for the wand."

"I like the way you think." Quinn said to Uma.

"Thank you." Uma said, flipping her braids over her shoulder. Quinn looked around the table at the people who surrounded her. People she knew wouldn't disappoint her and would stick by her no matter what.

"Mark my words. The daughter of the Mad Hatter will regret the day she crossed me. Like my mom always says: off with her head!" Quinn said, the anger in her voice evident as she stomped out of the Shoppe, leaving an encouraged crowd behind her. A crowd that would stick by her and not turn their back on her like Maddie had. Oh the little traitor would regret turning her back on her.

If Quinn ever saw her again, it would be off with her head.

THE END