Chapter Thirty-Seven

Y/n's pov

Lui held out his hand mockingly for a handshake. I didn't respond and re-coordinated myself to be further away from him and his spit second attacks. He seemed amused with my unsteady state and slowly stalked closer. I leaned into a half squat bending my knees in preparation to spring at him. He made his move, a swift swipe to my arm, I jumped into action using all my strength to hurl the end of my weapon into is defenceless arm. He growled in pain and fell to the side, clutching his side. He lay still and motionless, I stood a little taller on my toes resiting the urge to move closer to check on him.

He suddenly groaned in pain and rolled to his side. "Y/n it's me Lui, pease, help me up." He said reaching out his hand for me to take. I hesitated and took a step back seeing the dark still remaining in the depths of his eyes. I cracked a smile under my mask and quickly changed my demeanor. I quickly rushed over to him seeing the metallic glint from under his sleeve. He reached out his hand for me to take, I stood in front of him not taking it. He seemed to get that I knew he wasn't Lui and cracked a crooked smile and pulled his knife from his sleeve lunging at my legs. I grabbed his wrist and twisted it slightly making him gasp and drop the now dirt covered knife. I smiled triumphantly as I pulled his arm more pinning him to the ground. Sally's voice rang clearly counting down the ten seconds. "Lui is immobilized, Y/n advances." She finished holding up her hand making me let go of Sully.

A few people from the accumulating crowd cheered, one of the main ones being Toby. Others groaned in defeat giving up some small stacks of cash. I smiled then looked at Sully as we began walking over, he had a grin still plastered to his face not seeing affected by the loss. He looked back and his smile seemed to warp into something more sinister. "You know that was pretty bitchy to leave your friend like that, he could have been hurt." He said darkly referring to when I didn't help him up, not falling for his dirty trick. I shrugged slightly feeing glad that I didn't fall for his game. "Whatever, better luck next time.. Sully?" I questioned. He nodded and cracked a smile.  "Thanks Doll~" He said join the ever growing crowd.

-Time Skip-

The sun started to set and we were walking back in a large clump. Jeff ended up winning the tournament making us all a victim to his gloating about how he's number one. I was taken out by L.J in the fourth round, making me and up in sixth place, ending up in me ranking one rank lower than Hoodie. He congratulated me and promised we'd do something to celebrate. 

We walked into the mansion and decided we'd eat oven baked pizza and watch old horror movies. Everyone went to their rooms to change into pajamas and to grab blankets and anything else they would need.  I changed into a simple gray sweatshirt and shorts, while Hoodie choose a black tee shirt and long fuzzy bark blue pants. He grabbed his blanket and we trudged downstairs sore from the day of constant fighting.

Eventually almost everyone bunkered down in the living room each of us bringing a blanket. Me and Jeff were last to grab our plates of pizza. I stood in the kitchen cutting myself a slice. What sounded like two pairs of footsteps walked in, I assumed it was Jeff and BEN judging from the one light sound the the steps, I didn't turn around. I finished making my plate and turned around looking at Jeff, alone?  I looked for the BEN but met two completely dilated black eyes and a wide human like smile.. On a dog.