Chapter Eight: Perhaps a Puppy?

Title Art Credit: @ SANJISEO | Pinterest?
—————————————————
"And you continue to have traumatic flashbacks?" The therapist inquired.

   "Yes, haven't I, haven't I-," Tony looked at Clint. "Clint, haven't I already talked about this?" He asked irritably, his anxiety levels raising.

   "Tony, she's just trying to do her job," Clint replied.

   Tony groaned, pushing a pillow onto his face. "Okay, so fix me."

   "Mr. Stark, based upon what you've told me, I'm diagnosing you with severe anxiety and PTSD."

   Tony started pounding the back of the pillow with his fist.

   Clint made an agitated noise, springing up from his chair. He grabbed the pillow from Tony and chucked it against the wall.

   "You feel better now, Sharpshooter?" Tony asked.

   Clint narrowed his eyes.

   "Oh, I'm sorry. You wanted to go by Ronin now, right? My bad."

   "Listen, some of us are here because we want to get better. I'm here because I lost my futzing mind when Thanos snapped off my whole damn family. And I'm here now so I can be better for them.
   "Why are you here, huh? Is it for your family? For Pepper? She's been dealing with your shit for years now, and frankly, she deserves a goddamn medal."

   Clint gave a sharp, fake laugh. "Or what about Peter, hm? You're always saying how your dad wasn't there for you. So why don't you get your act together and be there for him? He looks up to you as a father figure! We can all see it, can't you?"

   Tony's face grew still, and Clint couldn't tell what emotion he was showing.

   "You're right," Tony said at last.

   "You done sitting on your ass pouting, then?"

   "I'm not sitting on my ass pouting, I'm sitting on my ass lookin' pretty," Tony replied.

   "This close," Clint said, making a small gap with his fingers. "This close to losing it with you."

   "Alright, alright. Sheesh."

   Tony patted the seat next to him, and Clint sat down.

   "We good now, Quick Quiver?" 

   "For now, Tin Can."

   The therapist took a long sigh. "Okay, then. Let's continue." She looked at Clint. "Mr. Barton, what would you say is one of the most helpful things in calming you down when you get angry or upsetting thoughts?"

   Clint thought for a moment. "I don't know. I'd say play with my kids, but usually I try and stay away from the kids when I'm mad so they don't have to see me like that. Maybe talk to my wife?"

   The therapist took notes. "Do you have any activities that help when you're upset?"

   "Playing with my dog, Lucky."