Power

Chao begins driving the Lamborghini out of the school parking lot. From the front mirror, I saw some men that accompanied Chao in the cafe in the backseat.

"Who are they?" I wondered, aloud.

"They're guys from my gang. Duh." I look closer and notice Jisung, who was one of the guys who picked up me and Chao a few days ago.

We nod simultaneously, greeting each other.

"So what's wrong with my outfit, again?" I blurt out, still annoyed from Chao's comment in front of the school.

Chao chuckles. "Nothing it's just a bit....plain."

The guys in the back snort at Chao's observation.

"And what's wrong with plain?" I cross my arms, defensively.

"Look. Your outfit is adorable... for a middle school dance. We're going to an engagement party with celebrities and models. You don't want to stick out, do you?" Chao questions.

"No." But Jungkook wouldn't care if I stuck out, I think to myself.

"Good. If I were to rate your hotness you'd be a 55.7. And we need to make you a 100," Chao explains.

"Oh," is all I could say.

With one hand on the steering wheel, Chao pinches my cheek. "Cheer up. You have potential.. You just need a little spice and confidence."

     We arrive at the mall. When I went here with Jungkook, we bought clothes at the places with the best sales. But instead, Chao directed me to the most overpriced stores.

I found a flowy turquoise dress that was in my budget. I changed in the dressing room and showed Chao.

Chao looks revolted. "I want to put this in a delicate way... you dress like a grandma. And we need to make you a hot tamale."

"A hot tamale..." I repeat, confused with his words.

He tells a sales lady. "We need something... naughty."

"Naughty?" My eyes widens.

She looks at me and smiles. "Ah, I know what you need!"

She brings a low-cut red, dress that was shorter than most shirts I wore.

"Absolutely not!" I cross my arms to form an X.

"Come on. You got a banging body so don't be ashamed to show it off!" Chao says.

He just told me I had an appealing body.. A boy never complimented my body before. I don't know how to feel.. I was flattered but I also felt... objectified?

Exhausted, I agreed to put it on. I came out of the dressing room and Chao gives me a thumbs up in approval.

Some of the gang members jaws drop. "That's Y/n? She don't look like a kid anymore.. she looks like a woman."

I observe my bursting cleavage in the mirror. I should feel confident, right? Being proud of your body isn't a sin? I've shown off skin plenty of times in my life... but why do I feel most uncomfortable right now?

****

     It was 7 PM, and I'm sitting in the front seat of Chao's Lamborghini. I'm in the dress Chao picked out which showed off most of my thighs and breasts. On my face, was vibrant makeup that was applied from an expensive artist. Unlike my usual poofy hair, I donned loose curls perfected from a beauty salon.

I stepped out of the car and I got some glances from some men checking out my body.

"Is this supposed to happen?" I whispered to Chao.