18 - I hope

Mabel had been planning this for a while. She had to know who those boys in the forest was. It had to be important for her to see them. They could easily have come later to that clearing and not have seen them, but, since that's not the case, it must be important. She had managed to drag Ford into this, because he was immensely curious himself. Who was that boy?

They met up in the clearing with a bag each containing cameras to collect photos for inspection, journals to write in and some food. Who knew how long they would be staying there. "What are you planning Mabel?" Ford asked with a raised eyebrow and amusement playing on his lips. "well, we are both curious to whereas that was Dipper, so, all we have to do is take pictures and compare them with that new computer program." Ford thought this over and soon nodded in agreement.

They began searching the clearing for 'evidence' as Mabel called it. Searching the area they saw the boys laying in, they saw something silver sparkle. When Mabel picked it up, she saw that it was a necklace in silver. It was a pinetree with blue stones made out to look like a constellation. On the backside was a message, 'You're mine forever, Pinetree'. What a creepy message, Mabel thought. She conveyed this to Ford.

*

Inside the cottage where Bill and Dipper resides was a chaos. Dipper was searching frantically around for the small object that had just hung around his neck the day before.

Dipper became more frantic in his search, as breathing became harder and harder. He could hear his heart beat, beating its beat at an insanely fast pace. Dippers world became smaller and smaller, and he could barely make out the feeling of himself tilting sideways and towards the ground.

Bill had been in the kitchen, when he heard erratic breathing coming from their bedroom, you heard right, their. Walking cautiously down the hallway, the breathing became louder and louder. Bill opened the door hastily and broke at the sight before him. There Dipper was, clutching at his chest and throat while sagging closer and closer towards the floor. Rushing forwards, Bill enveloped Dipper in his arms. Bill held Dipper to his chest while murmuring comforting words into his ear. Dippers hand was held to Bills chest, so Dipper could feel his steady breathing and try to match it with his own. After some time, when Dipper had managed to slow his breathing, Bill pulled Dipper away from under his chin so that he could look him in the eyes. Dipper averted Bills gaze, ashamed of the state that he was in. Bill saw this an gently tilted Dippers head so that he was looking at him.

"Dipper," Bill began. Dipper began panicking slightly, Bill used his real name. Before Dipper could panic any further Bill continued, "What happened?" He spoke with utmost care in his voice, as if he was trying to calm a deer. Dipper whined and started to explain how he couldn't find his necklace; the one Bill had gotten him when he had woken up. Bill frowned a bit and continued to rock Dipper back and forth on the floor. "Don't worry Pinetree, we'll find it." Bill whispered into Dippers hair as he managed to lull an exhausted Dipper into sleep. After a while Bill silently added, "I hope".