Chapter 25: The news that shocked everyone

Taehyung's POV

My hands were shaking so hard that I couldn't even answer the call. Yoongi hyung came towards me and took the phone from me and answered the call. 

"Hyung, put it on speaker," Jungkook said, as they gathered around Yoongi hyung. 

"Hello? Is this Kim Taehyung?" the doctor asked.

"Oh, hello, it's Kim Taehyung's boyfriend Yoongi. I've put you on speaker so he is also listening," Yoongi hyung said, his voice shaking with nervousness. 

I heard the doctor clear his throat. "Guys, I'm afraid I have some bad news. I ran some tests on Taehyung's neurological activity and it clearly showed that he uses way more of his brain than a regular human. This may seem like something good, I mean, the good part of it is that he may have special abilities, like seeing certain events in the future." He paused as if waiting for an acknowledgement.

"What is the bad news, Bogum ssi?" I asked. At this point, I was too curious to stay in one place. 

"Taehyung, I'm afraid your brain is exhausted. It is slowly but surely shutting down." The news hit everyone like a bomb. 

Yoongi hyung chuckled nervously. "It's no big deal right? He can rest and it will be alright. Right?" 

Everyone's attention went back to the phone call. 

"Hmmm, look guys, Taehyung's condition is something that has never occurred before. So basically it is unique, thus, we have no idea how to cure it. We've seen patients who use their brains more than normal humans. But Taehyung's test results showed us that he is using his whole brain. I'm afraid seeing the future is only the beginning. If he continues to use these abnormal abilities, his brain will shut down due to the stress."

"I hope I can meet you guys very soon and discuss how we can solve this issue. A team of neurological research doctors are trying to solve this as we speak. So, give me some time. And Taehyung, don't try to see the future or anything. Try to rest as much as possible ok." 

And with that, Bogum ssi disconnected the call, leaving all of us gaping at the news. 

Jin's POV

Being the mom figure of the group, I knew I had to do something about this atmosphere. "Guys, we have faced problems before right? Let's face this together and overcome it ok? Taehyung, nothing will happen to you. I won't let anything happen to you.:

I heard sniffling. Everyone turned to see Yoongi, in the corner, trying his best not to cry. He looked emotionally drained. 

I was going to comfort him but Taehyung beat me to it. "Yoongi hyung," he said as he hugged him tightly. "Don't worry. Your Tae us right here and I'm not going anywhere." He gave him a small kiss on the cheek. Yoongi smiled. I looked at Namjoon, a silent understanding passing between us. We were going to make sure that Taehyung survived this problem. 

.

.

.

A/n: Guys, this condition that Tae has is purely fictional. This whole story its fictional so if I write weird procedures and all, forgive me. I don't know sh*t about science. But I'm trying to make it sound as real as possible. Also, I'm sorry if my updates are slow. Im trying really hard to update it frequently. Am I a slow updater or is his updating speed ok? I'll try to speed it up. 

AND THANK YYOU SO MUCH FOR THE 1.7K READS!!! I SRSLY CAN'T BELIEVE PPL ACTUALLY READ THIS STORY. 

Pls leave comments down below.

Also, I'm kinda lost with what new abilities Tae should have, so if anyone has any good ideas, pls comment. And don't forget to vote.

Love ya peanuts 🥜