Chapter 31

Locker room showers (it looks fancy ik)

Vulgar and harsh words/names will be said around the end of the chapter.

*

My cheeks hurt.

A smile had been nearly permanent on my face. I probably flunked the math test but I handed it in with a grin which made Mrs. Willows take it with her glasses almost falling off.

Dominic's eyes were going to be on me while I do one of the few things that I'm very proud of. Basketball. A sport I had trained with nonstop and now it was all worth it. The game was soon.

I swear the days nearly flew by. Luke's ignoring almost didn't bother me anymore. Almost.

"Can you hand me my towel?" My chirpy self seemed to be obtuse as I had forgotten to bring my towel with me into the shower stalls. Luke who was already done showering had a towel wrapped around his waist while digging out his clothes.

I frowned when I noticed he was obviously not paying me any mind.

"Luke." He paused shortly, only to continue taking out his clothes. My mood dampened quicker than light itself.

"Seriously, Luke. Stop acting like this." Luke grunted and said something under his breath. He stuffed his hand in my bag beside his and then threw my towel in my direction without looking. I tried catching it but it fell to the ground.

It landed right on a puddle.

I sighed and snatched it from the ground. My energy got sucked out from that simple but rude action so I didn't say anything after that.

Thankfully, he kept his anger outside of the court. It was easy to say both me and Luke were the best players and coach would be fuming if he found out that we were consciously not passing to each other. Or Luke passing to me.

We still played like usual but it felt like the whole room was filled with tension nonetheless. Everyone was waiting for the great Luke to finally explode.