Chapter 21.

"Choke this love till the veins start to shiver
One last breath till the tears start to wither
Like a river, like a river
Shut your mouth and run me like a river"

***

As soon as my lips connect with his, and I feel that same sand paper silk I'd had engraved in every part of me since the first time I felt them, my body sparks into fire that slams a hammer down on that nail in my coffin, securing it permanently.

If kissing Harry is sending me to hell, I'll take a one way ticket please, damn my soul and never send it back.

Harry is frozen, like his brain can't process what is happening, his hands are held  out stiff beside him, and for once, I think I've managed to do to him what he's done to me so many times.

For once I'm the one that did something he didn't predict.

My stomach curls and thrashes around, violently navigating the exilerating feelings of his plump lips pressed against my own.

I pull my face back, still cupping his jaw with my petite hands, and I lock my eyes with his as both of our chests rise and fall rapidly.

His eyes are wide, hooded by his furrowed brows as they dart rapidly back and forth between my own, his lips parted like he's  trying to comprehend what just happened

The air around us is building with a thick tension so intense that I can feel it prickling against my skin, wrapping around of both us and bending like a piece of wood that's starting to splinter praying to snap.

His eyes go to my lips, and back to my eyes, the bewildered look in them slowly melting away as his pupils blow out when he slips his tongue out to wet his bitten lips as his breathing becomes heavier, like he's trying to confirm that my own were just there.

I wet my own, trying to savour the taste of him as I look up at him under my lashes, his eyes flicking down to watch as they glaze over like he's becoming intoxicated off of the sight.

The pressure around us is like a brutal river, thrashing violently against a damn wall as it starts to crack and the water trickles through.

His eyes go back to mine and the desperate insatiable look in them knots my insides and my knees feel like they're going to give out from underneath me.

He sucks in a sharp breath, like he's bracing himself, before he let's it out and rushes out his words in a frantic sigh.

"Fuck it"

And just like that, the damn wall breaks, and he crashes into me like the uncontrollable brutal force he is, sweeping me away until I drown in him.

His hands snap up and one threads into the back of my hair, the other grasping my jaw as he yanks me towards him with so much force it knocks the breath from me when his lips crash down against mine.