Chapter 3: HQ

A/N: Tada... All characters except some random recruit names and Talion are mine, the rest belong to G o o b i s o f t. If its italic its a thought. Enjoy!

——

Hereford Base, Herefordshire, New England

1900 HRS

3rd Person POV

Y/N arrived at the gates to Hereford Base and stopped momentarily at the front. It was locked. A few seconds pass by and Y/N's HUD detects a camera on the upper section of the left gate column. The HUD speaks true, as Y/N looks up and stares somewhat menacingly into the camera, as the red button below the lens continues to blink on and off, signalling that the camera is currently being viewed/recorded/used. Soon enough, the gates open up, and Y/N cruises down the long road towards a parking lot entrance. Thats where he finds 2 men dressed in combat gear, along with several other troopers flanking the two on their sides. Y/N stops a few meters away from the men, and revs his engine. There is a clear sense of fear emitting from the troops as they flinch and take a step back at the intimidating sound of the engine, but the two men in front are still unmoved. Yet, you can still smell the uneasiness in them. Hell, you + the badass bike + guns hanging from your back = probable nightmare fuel for these guys. But, you had your fill, and thus you removed the keys and disembarked from your vehicle, pick up your bags and step forward towards the 2 men. They start to tense up a small bit as you approached them and finally stopped when only a meter of space seperated Y/N and them.

Thatcher: "I assume you are the man called 'Talion' ?"

Y/N nods in silence.

Thatcher: "I guess that answers that. This is Thermite, an operator from the FBI SWAT CTU. I'm Mike, codename: 'Thatcher'. SAS."

He extends his hand to you, and after a momentary awkward silence you chose to accept the handshake, seeing there is no harm to doing so.

Thermite: "Lets get you in bud. Follow us. Ramirez! Get the man's bike-spaceship thing and park it somewhere in the lot. Jensen and Marley! Grab his bags for him!" Barked the man at the group of slightly shaken recruits.

The group proceeded inside a building, where a large cargo elevator was waiting for them. The party entered, and thus were lead several levels underground. Once reaching the appropriate floor, the party departed the lift, and entered a large complex. Near the ceiling hung a fancy sign. It read "Rainbow Six Counter Terrorism Operations Headquarters". Thatcher caught your stare at the sign.

Thatcher: "Yeah, its a mouthful, aint it lad."

Y/N all but looked at him, with a silent "yeah".

The group proceeded forward, Destination: Six's office. Y/N soon observed that he was being flanked on all sides by recruits, with the 2 Rainbow operators leading the pack. This of course, attracted quite the commotion. Several staff and recruits that were either passing by or just chilling around stared at the group, and especially at the new person.

???: "Who is this guy?"

???: "Looks scary."

???: "More like badass, look at those armor pads, and that helmet!"

???: "Shut up dude! Thats the new guy, word has it he's a freelancing killer! No CTU, no nothing! Lowlife and all!"

???: "With that amount of firepower and gear? I doubt he's a lowlife."

These were all murmurs by passersby. You could all but sigh silently under your mask. You started zoning out, until you arrived at a security checkpoint. It was the one in front of Six's office.