xxxiii. clarke's fight

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

ONCE THE SUN CAME BACK UP, IT WAS MUCH EASIER TO FIND THEIR WAY THROUGH THE WOODS. June still didn't trust Murphy, so her focus would move from the back of his head to the trees. She was on guard for the moment he'd explode or they'd be under attack by grounders. She was sure they were still angry about burning their warriors alive during the war, but June knew her friends were out there somewhere. She could shut her eyes and picture what was happening to them, and it made her keep moving with a gun cocked straight in her hands, prepared despite the tiredness and aching.

Once they're past trees, Bellamy, who had been hauling Murphy in the lead, urges him. "Alright, Murphy, where to now?"

Sniffling in agitation, Murphy held up the binds digging into wrists sarcastically. "What do you say we loose these first, alright?" He suggested. June rolled her eyes, coming to a stop.

"No." It's the same answer Bellamy had given the other times Murphy asked to be released, much to June's relief.

"Hey, if we get attacked out here I have nothing to defend myself with," Murphy snapped back.

June fakes pity with her lower lip pouted. "Oh, that must suck," she says, sickly sweet with deep sarcasm. Murphy's mouth shut when realizing she was referring to the hostage situation in the dropship, and truth be told, she didn't give a damn if he couldn't defend himself.

That changed when Finn heaved a sigh and pushed past June and Bellamy, pulling a knife out and bringing the blade down until it sliced through the ties to set him free. June is astonished while Murphy is grateful for it, letting the bounds that once held him fall. "Thank you," he says, going ignored as Finn stormed ahead with Bellamy behind him, confronting him with demands over what he just did.

Shaking her head in disbelief, June grabbed Murphy by the sleeve of his jacket and hauled him forward to follow, Monroe and Sterling trailing behind them. "Woah, easy there," he jokes, even though he had not made a move to pull away.

"Shut the hell up, Murphy," June commanded, her lower lip curled into a sneer as they catch up with Bellamy and Finn.

"... We can handle Murphy." June could hear Finn stating once they were close enough.

Shooting Murphy a glare, Bellamy mutters; "Better hope so."

A smug grin is plastered on Murphy's face when he meets Bellamy's glare. "So do I get a gun now?" He questioned. Bellamy, annoyed, shoves him forward harshly, sending him stumbling and nearly tripping.

The walk through the woods went on longer, this time with Murphy in the front with Bellamy straight behind him. June hates that she no longer keeps her attention on the shifting trees, only on Murphy. The level of distrust is too high for her to not. The woods seem to stretch longer as they trailed on, following Murphy's directions without any breaks. June was getting more and more tired, but there was not enough time to waste. Anything could be happening to those that survived and were kidnapped by the enemy.