Caramel Macchiato

"Dustin, give me the remote!" I cried for the hundredth time, lunging at my brother. "Let me watch the damn T.V.!"

Dustin, the little bugger, was holding the remote over my head, up out of my reach. It wasn't until that moment that I realized he'd grown at least three inches in the past few months. Of course, he'd been taller than me since he was fourteen, but still. Not much taller than me. At the rate he was going, he would be as tall as a skyscraper at age twenty.

"No way, it's winter vacation, and I get control of the T.V," Dustin responded, moving his head to the side so he could see the television. "You have all January off, you can have the T.V at night then."

"My show is on!"

"You can watch your stupid cult show online."

I flushed, glad Will wasn't in the room. "It's not a cult show."

Dustin rolled his eyes. "Everything you watch is basically a cult show. A cult soap opera. Can't you just watch like every other person your age? It worries me that you prefer shows like ."

"I'm more worried about the fact you'd rather watch ," I retorted.

"Four hot main girls? Why wouldn't I?"

Sighing, I finally relented, dropping back onto the sofa. "Fine. Whatever. You can watch T.V."

Smirking smugly, Dustin settled down onto the armchair, placing the remote on his lap. "That's what I thought. When's Will going to be home? You can go bother him."

It was weird to hear Dustin refer to our house as being Will's home as well. But, after almost a month, what else could it have been considered? I didn't have a problem saying our home was Will's home too. It was nice— it felt domestic. Like our family wasn't as screwed up as it actually was. Which, okay, didn't really make sense, because having Will staying with us was weird in itself. But it was still nice.

Not even five minutes later the front door opened and I heard someone clomping down the hall. Dustin raised an eyebrow. "Speak of the devil and he shall appear."

"I brought caramel macchiatos," Will started, stepping into the living room, cheeks flushed red from the cold. He held up a tray with three to-go cups in it. "Figured today is as good a day as any."

"Dustin's watching Pretty Little Liars," I said in response, sending my brother a sly smile.

Will didn't seem fazed. "Really? I didn't realize it was on tonight."

My jaw dropped as Dustin perked up, eyes wide and bright. "What, you like Pretty Little Liars too?"

"Sure," Will told him, shaking off his coat and placing it on the coat hanger before joining me on the sofa. A chill still clung to him, so I inched away from him a little, trying to keep my warmth. "Aria's quite the cutie."

"I know, right?" Dustin cried excitedly, grinning.

I took my caramel macchiato from Will, trying my best not to roll my eyes. It was good for Will and Dustin to get along. I was just afraid Dustin would ask Will to marry him one of these days. Sometimes I wondered if my brother had more of a crush on Will than I did.

About an hour later, my brother fell asleep on the couch and I smiled wryly. So much for making use of his vacation.

"Hey, Katie, I have a question," Will said suddenly as soon as I shut off the television, shifting his body so he was facing me. This caused his knees to press again mine since the sofa wasn't really that big.

But I mean, I wasn't really noticing that because that would be weird.

"Sure, shoot," I replied, hoping my smile didn't look too forced.