➵ XIV. The Rogue Kingdom

Saturday, December 23rd, 2017, 11:00am

Asher's POV

I stand in my office, staring at the door.

The one Rei just ran out.

I sigh in frustration, my anger fading.

The look in her eyes, after I asked what my dad did. Whatever happened, it must still affect her. She looked like she might've started hyperventilating.

You shouldn't have started yelling, Jayden, my wolf, says.

I sigh again. I know, but you know that it's hard not to get mad when someone threatens or hurts our family, or pack.

Yes, I do know, Jayden replies. You still shouldn't've yelled.

I blink when I hear footsteps. My friends, and Rei's, all come in.

"What happened?" Raiden asks.

"Just learned ignorance really is bliss," I reply. "Yeah, she killed Kia. And apparently she also killed my dad, and your mum, Denny."

Raiden's eyes narrow at my words, and so do Scott's and Dean's. I notice Clove, Killian and Zaine all wince or grimace.

"What happened?" I ask the three. "Why'd she do it?"

They all share a look.

"That's... Not really our story to tell," Clove says. "That's between your family and hers."

I study them, then nod slowly. "Do you know where she ran off to?"

"Probably just somewhere in the forest for some time alone," Killian says. "It wouldn't be the first time. She'll be alright, you don't have to worry too much. The best thing to do is just wait until she comes around on her own."

I hesitate, then sigh. They know Rei better than I do, and as much as I want to go find her, it's best to listen to what Killian said.

"She mentioned the Royals," I say.

Zaine's eyes widen. "Well damn," he mutters. "Let's throw caution to the wind, why don't we."

"Babe, we already did that," Killian says. "When Reina decided to ditch the mask."

"Reina," Raiden mumbles. "Queen. Royals. What's with all the Royal titles?"

The three share a look again, before Clove's eyes fog over for a few seconds. Then she blinks, and nods at Killian and Zaine.

Clove sweeps her gaze over me and my friends. "Everything said in this room does not leave this room," she says sternly. "Not a word to anyone. Promise?"

"Promise," I say with a nod. "Not a word."

Raiden, Scott and Dean all nod. Clove studies them and nods, satisfied. Her brown eyes glow for a second, and the door swings shut and locks itself.

"Telekinesis?" Dean asks. "Your nicknames Strange for Doctor Strange?"

Clove nods. "Either Strange or Doctor."

"So?" Raiden asks.

"First of all, let's sit down," Killian says.

He, Clove and Zaine sit together on the couch, Raiden and Scott sit on the two the chairs in front of my desk, Dean sits on Scott's lap, and I decide to sit on my desk.

"Ever heard of the Rogue King?" Zaine asks.

My eyes narrow. "Is he like a leader of the rogues?"

Zaine nods. "Yep. His name's Thatcher King, he's a wolf." His form starts shifting, his black hair turning blonde, dark eyes becoming blue. His voices changes too, to become a little deeper and more gruff. "Looks like this. He's not bad, but he's got a thing for Reina. Doesn't stop hitting on her, no matter how many times she says no."