xl. blood for blood

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

ONCE CLARKE WAS IN A COMFORTABLE POSITION, STILL KNOCKED OUT COLD, BELLAMY HAD STARTED MAKING ORDERS. June was in a crouched position outside of the dropship, on guard, with her rifle cocked correctly at his command. Murphy was on her other side, peering over a large tree stump into the woods. Raven and Finn were in the dropship, out of sight, watching over Clarke. June could still hear Finn's earlier words in her head when he was in distress, claiming he nearly got her killed. She knew he had to be held responsible in a way for his massacre, but he seemed to be thinking about something when wavering in his self-pity. It didn't sit right well with June.

There has been nothing for the time they have been out there, which is why when a few tree branches shift, June straightens so quickly her back cracks. She props her firearm on the stump, looking through the scope trying to get a better look. She couldn't see much, but a few large figures were dashing through. The silver glimmer is what catches her eyes. June clears her throat, looking over Murphy to nod at Bellamy as he glances away from his own scope.

"We got company! Get out here!" Bellamy called to the ones inside the dropship. June hears heavy footsteps but keeps her gaze locked on the woods, her heart pounding loudly in her chest. Leaves rustling were coming from every direction now, but they're hard to follow, even as more appear. June just knows they're there, watching, waiting for the perfect moment to strike.

"We're surrounded," a familiar voice whispered. June turned her head to see Clarke, surprised at the sight, but pulling herself together when she realized she was right.

Lowering his gun, Bellamy rose. "Back inside," he demanded, ordering everyone, seeing that they couldn't win without a plan. There was too many. June stood, her knees wobbling as she dashed inside of the dropship. She hung back for a moment, being the last one, watching as Raven limped to make sure she made it inside.

When every one of the small group is safely inside, Bellamy and Murphy pace, taking turns with small peeks outside past the curtain. "They're not moving any closer," Murphy noted, his boots thudding against the dropship's metal ground.

"Staying out of range," Bellamy added in a mumble. "Probably waiting until it's dark." June shakes her head, wondering how long that would be. How long they had.

"If we hit them now, at least we'd take them by surprise," Murphy suggested eagerly.

"We can't do this with no plan and guns blazing," June countered.

Clarke nods. "We don't even know how many of them are out there," she says in addition.

"I'm not hearing any better ideas, you two," Murphy fired back rudely.

As June prepared to tell them arguing would solve nothing, and certainly wouldn't help Finn, another pips in. "We'll give them something." It's Raven, her dark eyes kept on the ground.