xliii. endure

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

THE COMMANDER IS INITIALLY SURPRISED TO SEE JUNE INSTEAD OF RAVEN, but with a few words of their language spoken between her and Indra, June is being tied with her arms above her head to a tall tree. She's terrified, trembling violently with small pants. The grounders are surrounding her, Lexa just a few feet away as she glares. June knows why. She did think that she tried to kill her to avenge Finn and everyone else lost at the hands of her people. But despite this terror shooting through her veins like frozen ice, June can find herself able to bear it. As long as Raven gets to live, for however long that may be.

Indra was clear. Once June died, the alliance would be broken. June can see her people watching if she lifts her chin up, but doesn't, keeping her gaze off Raven. "I take no joy in this, June kom Skaikru," Lexa spoke up coldly, taking June from her thoughts. "But this time, justice will be done."

For a second, June shuts her eyes, forcing herself to calm down. She opened them again, her brown eyes meeting Lexa's green ones. "Get it over with," she challenged, lower lip tugging back into a sneer, refusing to show any further signs of weakness.

Lexa is surprised, but it's wiped away quickly as she draws her sword from her sheath. June tenses as she brings the blade to her arm that had been exposed when her jacket was ripped off, leaving her only in a maroon tank top. Lexa drags the sword down, leaving a deep cut in June's arm that causes her to let out a painful scream as her skin splits. Tears spring into her eyes, her new cut stinging like a sharp burn as she feels warm blood cascade down her arm. June swallows back sobs as Lexa steps back and Indra moves into her place.

There's a much more frosty look plastered in Indra's features as she yanks out a knife. June thinks she's enjoying this as she uselessly tugs at her bounds, trying to squirm away when the hem of her top is lifted and Indra presses the blade to her chest. She cries out in agony as it's pressed deeper and trailed across her skin, a new fresh cut being formed. June does sob this time, unable to hold it back any longer as she feels blood drip down at the new injury.

Tears stream, blurring June's vision as someone new stepped up. She doesn't bother looking at their face, bracing herself as they pull out their dagger and bring it to her other arm. Another scream tears through her throat. June would do anything to make this torture stops, she thinks, as one knife is brought to her hip. But the image of Raven in her place makes able to bear it. She gasps desperately for air, her throat scratching as she wailed again once another cut was formed.

Just as another blade is pressed to June's skin and she winces, preparing herself to bear it once more, she hears someone running through the mud and a deep voice shouting after her. "Clarke, stop, what are you doing? You'll get yourself killed."

June lets out a soft cry, tied high up enough on the tree to see past the grounders taking turns to kill her to see Clarke shoving her way to her with Bellamy on her trail.