Chapter 14 Bertia (17 Years Old)[5]

"What is going to be fine? The scenario is already messed up, you know? We're heading at full speed toward the bad end!!"

"Tia likes me?"

"W-w-wha?! What are you talking about?! Such a thing, I..."

"Earlier you said, [the Cecil-sama that I love], though?"

"...?! T-that is... but, I'm the villainess."

With her bright red face, Bertia fell down.

But looking at her expression and behavior, her feelings are very clear.

"Then, it's going to be fine."

"Like I said, what is going to..."

"Since I also like Tia."

"......?!!"

Bertia, whose whole body couldn't flush any more red than this, opened her eyes so wide they looked like they would fall out from surprise.

Her mouth fluttered open and closed without being able to utter a word, and in response, my expression melted into a sweet smile the likes of which I have never shown before.

I gently lifted her chin and captured those restlessly quivering eyes, securely meeting her gaze.

"Although I am incompetent, but as long as you capture me, I feel like I can become both a better crown prince and capture target. That's why... you are my [fated girl]."

What I languidly expressed left her in complete chaos. Then, over herー over my beloved's lips, I softly pressed my own.

".........~~~~~~~?!"

"Fushaaaaaa!!"

At the same time that our lips separated after overlapping for only a moment, Bertia's soundless scream and Kuro's menacing voice resounded.

Simultaneously, the back of Bertia's left hand was wrapped in a mysterious light for a moment, but it went unnoticed by Bertia, who was on the verge of exploding with her ripening, bright-red face.

I covered her mouth with my hands and the moment I thought to take a better look at my adorable Miss Fiancée's face—whose eyes, despite looking bewildered, didn't carry a trace of rejection— my field of vision was obstructed by a fluffy black object.

Her spirit, Kuro, thrust herself between us with her lustrous tail fluffed up to three times the usual size, hugging that small body of Bertia in order to protect her, trying to intimidate me.

I predicted that things would become like this in the end, but I felt that it was slightly unpleasant to have the warmth within my arms snatched away like this.

Well, with Kuro's tail being clad in a black lightning, I can't provoke her any more than this, though.

"Ce-cecil-sama!! What did you...?! I-I'm the villainess, not the heroine!!"

"To me, the heroine is you. Come, look."

Bertia who finally came to her senses in Kuro's arms was glaring at me with teary eyes, but with her current bright red face, it doesn't have any effect.

Rather, I feel like it seems to bring a different kind of warmth from the depth of my body.

I pointed at the back of her hand, urging her to notice.

Even with her suspicious expression, she raised her hand and obediently looked at the back that was lighting up.

"...?!"

The moment she saw what was on the back of her hand, she got goosebumps. As if to response that, Kuro's expanded tail also grew.

"W-w-w-why did this mark appear on me?! Eh?! I've always thought of myself as a villainess, but could it be that I was the heroine all along?! No, there's no way that could happen!! I'm certainly a villainess!! I'm a third-rank villainess, though?!"