Chapter 16 - Change

This story is growing by the day! We are currently at 1k reads! So grateful!

Last chapter~
Paya is in love with Zirin. Now more than ever the last thing she wants to do is just leave.
But... this long journey with Zelda is calling her name!

Zelda's P.O.V
After me and Link had finished working for the day, Impa spoke with me.

She proposed that me and Link leave earlier than planned. I had no reason to disagree with her. Me and Link were nearly done preparing and there was no reason to linger longer than we have to.

But... I wanted Paya to have more time to think. And now, she will be more pressured than ever... considering.... considering she wants to come with us.

I wish I could talk to her about that night but I fear she won't ever look at me the same. The trust she has will just vanish.

I entered Paya's room and to my surprise she was writing vigorously in a journal... maybe her diary?

She notices me and I tell her the bad news...

It hurts to think that I won't see her again for a very long time if she doesn't come with us.

I drift of to sleep and can't help but have thoughts fill my mind of the possible future.

The next day~
Paya's P.O.V~

I wake up, and not to be surprised that Zelda is up before me. I slip out of bed and filled with excitement to see Zirin again, I quickly change and run down the stairs.
"Good morning grandmother!"

At first she seems a little shocked, but smiles and says, "Good morning, Paya."

I walk outside and feel the warm sun hit my skin.

I don't see Zelda-
And then I'm reminded of what Zelda had told me last night.

Right. 2 days. In two days I have to decide. Leave Zirin, Grandmother, and the village or go on a once in a lifetime trip.

I run without thinking.

To Zirin.

I reach him, gasping for air.

"Paya? Why were you running?"

He looks concerned. I hate to say I'm happy for that.

"Zirin...," I face him as he sits crisscrossed on the grass, "do you.. want to w-walk with me?"

He smiles, "Yeah."

We decide to go look for the ancient Spring I had heard in stories. Who knows, maybe it's real?

As we look to the path that possibly leads to it, fear overtakes. I look to Zirin, but he seem unfazed. I think of giving up, but then I see the blue bunny again.

Then, curiosity overtakes. I start to inch closer to it. Closer, closer, farther into the forest now. I reach out to grab it but it disappeared just like before.

Before I could say anything I look up to see the Spring! It really does exist!

Zirin stands in front of it in awe.

I hesitantly inch closer next to him and do the same.

"Incredible!" I say.

"It really is.."

Suddenly I hear a rumble from Zirin.
"Hungry?" I giggle.

"Yeah!" He kinda reminds me of a puppy.

"Good thing I packed lunch!"

Zirin and I sit on the ground next to a tree eating the sandwiches I made for us.