Chapter Eighteen: Expectations

A/N: Hey loves! Sorry it's been so long. I'm trying to make things follow my original plan without making what I've already wrote sound screwed up. By the way, there has been quite a few comments on their age and the one kissing scene in the chapter during the summer. That has been edited out and I am trying to fix some of the other scenes as well. Rereading them made me realize that you guys are right, it's moving a bit too fast. I originally planned for them to get together in third year with the help of Pansy but that obviously didn't happen. It is still going to be a little fast but nothing like that, I think I was reading some smutty stuff those days. Anyways, hope  you all love the chapter, super excited and cant wait! Enjoy!

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter(Draco does ;)

Third POV

Harry looked at the parchment in shock. He didn't understand why bad things happened to good people. What had he done the universe? Why did it hate him so? Harry took a shuddering breath and reread the letter.

Dear Harry,

I am so sorry. I have no idea what happened. The change of guardianship was just about to go through, I swear it. Something went wrong. They denied my request. I'm sorry, but I don't think I will be able to fix this before break. I'm trying, I promise. I have a few friends in the Ministry that are helping me out. I'll let you know if anything changes. 

Messrs. Moony and Remus

Harry told another shaky breath and pocketed the note. What was he going to do? He couldn't go with Remus now, at least not for a while. He wasn't going to be able to go with the Malfoys again, they were heading to France to visit one of Dracos cousins. He was going to have to stay at the Dursley's, all summer. Harry felt his face pale.

"Harry?" Harry quickly schooled his face and looked at Draco with a strained smile.

"Yeah," Draco looked at him strangely and placed a hand on the small of his back. 

"Are you alright? You've been a bit out of it for awhile." Harry blinked and gave a nervous laugh, rubbing at the back of his neck. 

"Yeah, everything is fine. Just got some weird thoughts, no biggie." Draco frowned but went back to talking to Theo about their Defense homework. Harry bit his lip in thought. He didn't know what he was going to do, but he was not going to tell Draco.

A week later

"Mount your brooms!" Harry and the rest of his team quickly followed Madam Hooches order while the Gryffindor team, directly across from them, clambered, quite noisily, onto their brooms.

Today was the day. The Inter-House Quidditch Cup. Harry, as well as the rest of the team, was a bundle of nerves and adrenaline. They were nervous, but excited. The stands were stuffed with jubilant staff and students, all either holding banners, screaming loudly for their team, rocking house themed designs on their faces or even all three. 

The sun was high and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. There was a slight breeze but nothing too chilly. Perfect weather. 

"On my whistle!" Harry readied himself and looked at the sky, trying to catch a glimpse of the snitch. Both teams bristled in preparation, waiting  for Madam Hooches whistle. It was still, quiet. No one moved, all eyes were trained in the sky. 

The whistle blew, loud and clear, and the teams took to the sky in a flash. 

"And they're off!" Screamed the commentator, a Gryffindor named Lee Jordan, through a magical bullhorn. Wind blew harsh across Harry's face as he flew high above the pitch and started to search for the snitch. He kept a close eye on the game, smiling when Draco scored the first goal of the game, and his fellow seeker. Harry didn't know the boy very well, but he planned to win the Cup no matter what.