Truths and Lies

Hi Readers!

Any chapter (including this one) unless I say otherwise will be in Amy's PoV.

Please vote and especially comment. If you want me to update, just say!

Also if anyone can create covers, please say either through Private Messaging or on here.

Thanks!

Whekim

I woke up early on Monday morning. I padded downstairs once I had changed and walked into the Dragon Stables.

Most of them were snoozing, including Electra. I walked over to her and watched as she mumbled, twitched her tail and fell back to sleep. I scanned the dragons. Were any of them awake? I checked each stall. Electra's was nearest the entrance, the warmest place and the others slowly moved closer to the balcony, where it was colder. Over each stable was a symbol of the dragon's element. Lightning was closest to the window, in the coldest position. At a guess it showed their rank in the Anchemi:

Electra in the warmest position

Furnace as her Alpha, just like Adam is my Alpha, (This was arranged with the headmaster and Mr Demon)

Arctic was next to Furnace

I could hear snuffling but I couldn't tell who from. I stood on the landing platform and took one step towards the edge. Then another. Suddenly I slid and was sliding towards the edge. Some idiot had dropped water onto the stone pavings. But no one had been out here. I was still sliding towards the edge but I couldn't get any grip on the smooth stones. I tumbled off the edge just as a head leaned over and caught me before, with a grunt, pulled me back onto the stone. The dragon carried me inside and I slumped against the wall, before looking up into a bright yellow concerned dragony face with bad breath

Striker. I breathed a sigh of relief and reached up to scratch him, my hand coming into contact with a hard metal bridle. I frowned. A metal bridle.

[Striker's words will be underlined]

Striker?

Yes

What's with the ... wait, how can we talk mentally?

You are the queen. You can mentally mindlink with any dragon.

Really? So, if I wanted to I could talk with Furnace or Artic or anyone?

Yes but you will drain your energy super fast. It will be harder to use your powers

Ok cool. Why do you have a metal bridle?

Electro put it on.

Oh. But it's iron. That means you have to do whatever Electro orders

Yes

I reached up and took the bridle off. Where it had been there was a red outline. It looked tender. I spoke normally as I was beginning to get a headache.

"Why has Electro put on an iron bridle? And if you can only do what he orders, how did you save me?".

"It is instinct to save the queen of dragons but I still wouldn't have been able to except for the fact Electro told me to save you if you slid. Anyone else could plummet to their deaths"

"He spilt that water on the landing then?"

"Deliberately, yes"

"So why did Electro put a metal, no wait, iron bridle on you?"

"Because he didn't want me to tell you what he's been doing,".

I took a sharp intake of breath. "What do you mean Striker?"

He looked around nervously. "Well ...".

Striker told me everything. And by the end of it, I felt sick. I had finally begun to trust Electro and he had betrayed me. Not just me, but my whole Anchemi. I pulled out my sword. There was no yellow on it. Perhaps there never had been.

I looked at Striker. "What happens with you and Electro now?"

He hesitated. "My bond with Electro was broken when you took the bridle off"

"Are you sad about that?"

"No. He broke my trust when he put the bridle on. Today, Electro's eyes will turn grey"

"Not white?"

"Our bond wasn't strong enough for his eyes to fully turn white. As to what happens now, Electro is no longer my rider. I am a free dragon now"

"If you want to avoid Electro you should probably leave now"

He hesitated. "Well ... I know I no longer have a rider, but I wondered if I could join your Anchemi. As me, not a puppet,". He hurried on. "That way you would have all the elements you could possibly get and you would have a backup Dragon to ride if a dragon got injured,". He paused and looked at me hopefully.

"Striker", I paused and he looked at me hopefully before his expression turned downcast as I just looked at him, "of course!"

"Really?"

"Definitely. Besides, the teachers will probably have created formations for six of us,".

He beamed. "Thank you, oh thank you!".

I laughed. "It's fine Striker. However, do you think you could just repeat the story again in a sec?" I ran to get the headmaster and led him into the stables.

"What is it Amy?"

"Sir I think you should hear this. Striker please could you repeat everything you told me."

The headmaster was frowning. "Just so I'm absolutely clear, Electro has been working with Liam, Amy's brother?"

Striker bobbed his head and I handed to the headmaster the iron bridle.

The headmaster frowned. "Electro is being detained now. What do you want to do now Striker?"

I shifted uncomfortably. "Well, Striker and I have already agreed that. If he wants too, and he has said he would, he can stay as a back up dragon,". I drew my sword and showed him the gold spiral that perfectly matched Striker's scales but not Electro's eyes.

I heard a noise in the common room and walked to the door, peering out. Some startled ice blue eyes stared at me, as shocked with the betrayal as I was. Barney.