Chapter 1

Dana crossed her arms and stared straight ahead, ignoring Ethan's eyes on her. They were on their way to Italy to celebrate her best friend's son's first birthday. She would be lying if she said she wasn't excited about the trip. Her friend had finally had Nicolas after a complicated pregnancy. He was a precious gift to not just his parents but Dana as well, seeing that her friend had wanted the baby so much. Also, Dana had never been on an airplane before, had never left the country. This just added to her excitement. However, the arrogant human sitting a few feet away from her was putting a damper on her mood.

Her friend had asked her to travel to Italy with her family. Dana loved the idea immediately but asked her to make sure her stupid brother-in-law wasn't going to be on the same flight. She had previously had a first hand experience with the irritating ways of Ethan Salvay and refused to stay in the  same space with him for the 9 hours it would take for them to reach their destination. However, when Dana boarded the jet, she saw Luke's brother, Ethan, casually sitting on one of the seats. She had seemed to have an automatic headache just by looking at him. If she could, she would have turned around and walked out right then.

Now, they were almost half way through to Venice, Italy.

"The fire in your gaze is enough to burn the aircraft down." Bianca whispered to her jokingly after catching her give Ethan a dirty look, who sat their with a smug face because he knew his presence was bothering Dana.

Dana rolled her eyes at her friend. "You told me he wasn't coming." She couldn't stop the hint of annoyance from seeping into her words.

"He wasn't. But then I guess he changed his mind." She said while shrugging her shoulders lightly.

Dana let out a breath and sneaked a glance in Ethan's direction and realized that at the same exact moment, he had turned to look in her direction as well. When he saw her looking, he smirked and wiggled his fingers at her and mouthed 'hey.' She just gave him a fake smile before cursing and looking away.

They didn't have a lot of history together. But what little history they had was enough to make Dana certain about who he was. Ill-mannered basically sums it up.

And hot...

As soon as that small voice spoke in her head, she asked herself to shut up and concentrate on her current conversation with Bianca.

"How does it matter anyway?" Bianca wondered out loud. Her question meant only for Dana's ears.

"Look at his face. It annoys me just looking at him. How does your husband have such a brother?" She said, looking at Luke who held a sleeping Nicolas in his arms.

"You guys got off on the wrong foot. Ethan is a good guy." Bianca said, making Dana snort.

Good guy? She thought incredulously, remembering the day when Ethan had first showed up at her place to pick Bianca up from her night over. Good guys don't stare you up and down and whistle. They don't barge into your house, mock you and sit on your couch while looking around like they own your damn house! He even had the audacity to steal her mug with her precious morning coffee 5 minutes after knowing her. That was a deal breaker right there.

She didn't know him much but she knew that guys like him take less than a second to charm the pants off women and run in the opposite direction from the mere mention of commitment. Ethan Salvay was far from a good guy and exactly like a guy she ran miles away from.

"We didn't get off on the wrong foot. He is just the wrong guy." She muttered, closing her eyes and falling asleep.

A couple of hours later, they landed in Venice.