chapter 29

NIKOLAI POV

Ever since we got on the plane Serena has been staring into outer space and I really wondered what she was thinking about. I was on a call with Matteo and I couldn't concentrate on what he was saying. "Hmm... I'll talk to you later Matteo" I said then ended the call. I squinted my eyes a little then bit down on my lip. I wondered what she could possibly thinking about, maybe I can lighten the mood. "Serena?" I called as I took slow steps towards her but she didn't seems to notice my presence, so I pecked her lip and she looked up at me and smile.

"What are you thinking about" I asked as she sat up then began playing with the hem of her shirt.

"I still can't believe we are married, I remember the first time you kidnapped me, I was so terrified. I never liked you because you wouldn't let me go. I hated myself and I hated life. All my life, I have been in pain but ever since I met you, you've protected me so many times, kept me safe, cared for me and so many things. If it wasn't for you I'm not sure if I'd still be alive" She said and her eyes started to fill with tears.

"Oh no, baby please don't cry" I said and she sniffed. I took a seat beside her then wiped her tears.

"I am surprised myself too, what made me really do this" I paused "I promised myself that I would never get married. My life was based on dominating, to ruler, make lots of money and hurt people. I'm not sure my life had any meaning until I met you again. The state that I saw you in made my heart break, I wanted to protect you and keep you safe" I said with a serious look on my face, I stared her dead in the eyes, to show what I am saying is true. "You've changed me" I whispered in her ear then moved back, she smiled then kissed my lips.

"I need to take a bath, I'm a little tried" she told me then pecked my lip one more time. I watched her as she walked over to the dresser then picked up her robe. I removed my suit then placed them to the side of the bed.

Serena was about to walk into the bathroom when I grabbed her by the hand then pulled her onto my lap. "Nikolai" Serena whined and I chuckled. "I wanna have a bath" she said then rolled her eyes. I placed a kiss on her neck and she moaned a little then stared into my eyes. I swear she didn't know what she was doing to me. When I saw her in that wedding dress, it turned me on so bad and the thought is still trapped in my head, right now I just wanted to fuck her and I didn't want to wait until she gets out of the bathroom I wanted her now.

Serena traced her finger along my tattoos then stopped at the one on my chest. "Do you like this one?" I asked and she nodded then smiled.

"This was the one that you got the day when we went to the mall?" She asked me and I nodded.

"My queen, Serena, Mia per sempre" she paused then knitted her eyebrows together "forever mine" she whispered and I nodded.

"Wow I am surprised you knew what that meant" I said and she smiled.

"Yeah I now a little Italian" she paused as she traced the patterns of my tattoo. "I really Ike the little crown, with the hearts and little butterfly" she said in a low voice.

"Do you know why I put it to my far right?" I asked and she shook her head.

"I didn't just get the tattoo to have it, or because it's cool. All my tattoos have a meaning. You see this tattoo is very close to my heart and that's were it belongs because my heart belongs to you and no one else" he said and she gave me a different expression "cringy right?" I asked with my nose crunched up and she shook her head.

"No it's not" she did then pecked my lip. "Can I get one too? Just like this one but instead it will say, My King, Nikolai, Mio per sempre" she asked and I nodded then kissed her forehead. I flip us over so that she was laying on her back. I traced kisses along her skin and she began moving her hips against mine.