Chapter Twenty Five

Kody was throwing a party.

It was sad really. He was an adult, but nevertheless, he was doing it. My dad was working overnight and Kody felt like it was a perfect opportunity to throw a party.

He had invited all of his college friends and basically the entire high school.

I was afraid Ian was going to show up.

It wasn't like I was afraid of him. Not really.  I was just afraid he was gonna do something in front of Kody. And then Kody would find out everything.

How embarrassing would it be if the first guy I had chosen to date ended up being an abusive dick.

I couldn't let anyone find out.

I curled my hair for the party, because I knew that Sin was going to be there. For an outfit I had went with a long sleeved mesh shirt and a leather skirt . It looked like a dress when I put it all together.

I walked into the living seeing Kody setting up. He had a couple of his college friends bringing Kegs in. Aiden and Grace were together on the couch cup caking. They had patched things up after his almost fight.

One of Kody's friends let out a slow whistle when he laid eyes on me. He was cute in a jock sort of way. He had jet black hair and huge biceps.

"Keep your eyes down Adam. I'd kill you over her."

I rolled my eyes at Kody's annoying threat and walked over to see what he was doing.

"The party is going to start any minute. You might wanna put a shirt on."

"Ha ha." I said at his lame joke. He might be able to intimidate any guy out of dating me, but Kody knew he couldn't control what I wore. "Want me to help?"

He eyed me suspiciously before going back to whatever it was he was doing. "Adam I'm not going to tell you again." He said with a sigh.

I smirked turning to Adam. "Can I help you with anything then?"

He frowned looking from me to my brother and then back to me. When I heard Kody growl, I decided I was taking things too far. I sent Adam a warm smile. "Alright fine, I'll be in my room until the place gets packed.

I bounced up the stairs aware that Adams eyes where still on me.

I smirked when I heard the familiar sound of my brother slapping him on the back of the head.

******************

The party was packed. My living room was filled wall to wall with drunk teenagers singing at the top of their lungs. I was one of them, minus the drunk part.

I was still sticking to my no alcohol theory.

I was dancing with a girl I had never met before. Now she was drunk. She giggled about nothing as she placed her hands on my shoulders.

"This party rocks!" She shouted shaking her head side to side making her thick black hair bounce around.

"It does!" I shouted back, because that was the only way she would be able to hear me.

She laughed. "Too bad the guy throwing it is a total asshole."

I stopped jumping now. She knew my brother. "True." I said with a small smile.

She eyed me weirdly. "You know Kody?"

I nodded slowly. "You could say that."

I studied her. She was incredibly pretty. She looked like she could be some type of model. Her skin was tan and she had freckles splattered across her face. Her cat like eyes were a vivid green.