A Boy and his Pet.

Zelda was in her traveling gear and packing when there was a knock at the door. She went to open it, expecting her father to ask what had happened yesterday at the ceremony but found only Link, his tunic and Mastersword fastened tightly to his body.

"Good morning Princess"

Zelda only grunted and continued to pack. She didn't want to talk to him.

"Ready?" She finally mumbled to Link who nodded and gestured to Zelda to lead the way in the most polite way possible.

***

When they reached the stables, Link went straight off into a stall to find his favourite horse, Epona.

She nuzzled him and he stroked her neck before taking an apple out of his pocket and secretly fed it to her. Epona was a rich hazelnut brown with a silky pelt. Her main was that of sure white witch also appeared on her four hooves.

Zelda's horse, Aspen was just pure white, one of the most prettiest horses Link had ever seen. Well, one of, he stroked Epona lovingly.

Zelda hadn't risen much in her life so when she saw the huge steed, she blushed before asking Link to lift her up.

His hands grabbed her waist as he hoisted her up and placed her gently into the saddle.

Link wanted to show off just a bit before they left, he wanted to prove he wasn't just a 'Boy'.

Zelda let her horse into a trot and started off out of the stables to wait for Link.

Link smacked Epona on the carf and she bolted out of the stables, went an entire lap around the horse training area, leaping over high barriers and stunning all the others riders that were already out. She rounded about and Link ran along with her before grabbing her saddle and jumping into the seat at high speed with a gasp from the trainers and students alike. He slowed her down so as to come up along side Zelda like nothing had happened. Zelda sat there with her jaw slightly open and eyes wide open.

 Zelda sat there with her jaw slightly open and eyes wide open

Link overtook her horse and smiled smugly. Next time you call me 'Boy', have a reason, he thought.

"Come along Princess."