Chapter 34

Rose's POV

Silence. The car was silent for the whole ride back to the house. Stephen had a death grip on the steering wheel speeding down the roads weaving in and out of the traffic. He got out of the car slamming the door not bothering to wait for me. Letting out a sigh, I finally unbuckled heading towards the front door. I heard loud laughter and yelling coming from inside, the stench of whiskey hit me when I opened the door. They were all drunk drowning their sorrows in whiskey. I pushed my way past the drunken gang members who were passing around a handle of Jack Daniels.

"Stephen," I stepped into the kitchen his back was towards me. He tossed back the rest of the whiskey in his glass refilling it almost instantly. "Stephen!"

"What," He barked turning to face me, his eyes were red and his face was tear-stained. I didn't say anything but I walked forward wrapping my arms around his torso. His face buried into my neck, I could feel the salty tears running down my skin. "It's all my fault" He whispered against my neck. My heart shattered to think that he believed all of this was his fault.

"Don't say that it's not your fault," I said running my fingers through his messy hair. He took his head from my neck looking at me with tear filled eyes.

"It is my fault! If I hadn't tried to fight that man then none of this would have happened. We are now without a gang leader. Jackson doesn't have a father anymore and I lost the only father figure in my life!" He cried slamming his glass down on the counter the whiskey splashing out of it.

"Hey, hey, none of this is your fault. If the man hadn't touched me, then you wouldn't have had to do anything. You were defending me and Todd wouldn't have wanted anything less. Todd just happened to be in the middle of the crossfire, it could have happened to anyone. Do not blame yourself for this," I shot back at him, "Do you understand me?" He nodded "Good now let's go get drunk with the rest of them,"

"And this is why I love you," He chuckled kissing my lips quickly. I laughed pouring myself a shot of whiskey finishing off the bottle. I down the shot quickly. "Come on Princess, there's more where that came from," He grabbed my hand taking me into the living room where all of the other boys were. Andy was in there but Violet was nowhere to be found in the sea of boys. The bottle to his face as the boys counted how long he was chugging from the bottle.

"10, 11, 12, 13" They chanted before Andy pulled the bottle away from his lips wiping the extra on his shirt. I laughed stealing the bottle out of his hand and placing it to my lips, the liquid burning as it raced down my throat. I could feel the warmth spread through my body, feeling lighter. Stephen was drowning himself in a different bottle of Jack that was being passed between him and Jeff and Jackson. Andy took one last sip from the bottle and headed back upstairs. I dragged my feet over to Stephen and took a seat on his lap joining the circle. They were sharing stories about Todd and when he first took over the gang.

"Remember when he accidentally almost got us all arrested because he made the meeting spot in a park at 12 pm instead of 12 am," Jeff laughed

"Yeah, there was a police officer walking by us and Todd was going on about how late the other people were to come to pick up the guns. The police officer overheard him say that and called in for backup." Stephen smiled at the memory of his beloved friend, I smiled knowing how loved Todd was by all of the members. I was really going to miss him, we had just started getting close and he was like the father figure that I didn't have over here in Rolling Meadows.

A few hours later it was around 2 am and most of the boys were passed out in the living room. I was leaning on Stephen's shoulder, he was playing a card game with Jeff but with the state that both of them were in, it wasn't much of a game. A yawn escaped through my lips Stephen's green eyes searched over my tired body that was slumped against his. A quick kiss was pressed to my forehead, his arm snaking around my waist to pull me closer to him.

"I'm going to bed," I hummed spinning out of Stephen's grip and heading towards the stairs. Stephen and Jeff muttered something to each other before Stephen joined me going up the stairs. He stumbled a little still slightly drunk from the night events, I giggled grabbing his arm slinging it over my shoulders. I dragged him into his bedroom placing him on the end of the bed so I could take his clothes off. Pulling his shirt over his head a smirk appeared on his face.

"Princess all you had to do was ask," He slurred placing his hands on my waist trying to pull me closer.

"Stephen, no. I'm trying to put you to bed," I scold pushing his shoulders making him lay down giving me better access to his pants.

"Feisty, I like it," He mumbled to himself, rolling my eyes I undid the button sliding his pants down leaving him only in his boxers. I stripped out of the day's clothes and pulled on Stephen's shirt that he had previously been wearing. I started to walk away so I could go brush my teeth but a hand grabbed my wrist dragging me back to the bed.

"Stephen" I sighed as he latched on to my waist practically laying on top of me.

"Princess," He teased back laughing at himself, he was like a little kid right now.

"We have to go to bed, I was trying to go brush my teeth," I squirmed underneath him but he was too heavy for me to move.

"No stay with me," He pouted pinning me down so he was hovering over me

"I was coming back you oaf,"

"Don't leave me, please" He whined giving me puppy dog eyes, how was I supposed to say no to him when he was acting like this. Sighing I nodded my head earning me a sloppy kiss from my very drunk boyfriend. "Yay!" Stephen snuggled down using my boob as a pillow wrapping his arms around my waist. I ran my fingers through his crazy hair, a low moan was released out of the back of his throat.

"I love you," He slurred pulling himself impossibly closer

"I love you too," I smiled looking at the boy lying before me, he looked so innocent like he hadn't just taken lives earlier this morning or found out that his friend and leader was dead. He looked like a normal boy who was just drunk and needed to go to sleep. His breathing was getting deeper and more shallow.

"Please don't ever leave me," He mumbled before a small snore escaped his parted mouth. My fingertips brushed over his cheek.

"Never,"