Chapter 36

Rose's POV

The gas pedal was pushed further to the ground accelerating the car faster. Surprisingly Stephen allowed me to drive his car back to our apartment. The speedometer hit 90 mph cruising down the highway to the mall. Violet and I went back to the apartment and gather our things deciding that we weren't ready to go back to the house just yet. Plus we hadn't been shopping in a long time. I pulled into the parking lot parking his Maserati in the front row.

"I still can't believe he let us take his car," Violet said stepping out of the car

"I know right! I was really taken back when he offered it and obviously I wasn't going to turn down driving this nice ass car." I locked the car heading towards the entrance of the mall. After two hours of shopping, we were heading to the food court to get some pizza. My phone started vibrating in my purse, of course, it was Stephen calling. I put it back into my purse ordering two slices of pizza along with a diet coke. Vi and I sat down at a table diving into our pizza. My phone started ringing again rolling my eyes I pulled it out and answered it.

"Hello," I said into the receiver

"Why the hell aren't you at the apartment?" His deep voice rang through the other end my eyes widened. "Don't even try to tell me you are there because I know you guys are at the mall."

"How do you- Stephen are you kidding me? That's why you let us take your car because there is a tracking device in it." I shoved a slice of pizza in my mouth pissed off that he didn't trust us to go off on our own.

"No I'm not kidding and this is clearly why I had you take it because you can't listen to directions. I told you to stay the apartment and when you were done to come back to the house. I don't recall mentioning anything about going to the mall." He barked back

"I'm not 13 I can make my own decisions. But thanks for trusting me, Asshat," I said ending the phone call. Violet busted out laughing making me laugh along with her. "Vi we have to go. He's going to drive here with Andy. Let's go do something fun like laser tag. I can probably find where he put the tracking device on the car." Quickly we grabbed our bags throwing away our trash and heading to the car. I put my bags in the back along with my phone because it was going off nonstop. I slid under the car finding a square box with an obvious blinking red light which I identified as the tracking device and ripped it off leaving next to the car as we drove off. We pulled into Laser Quest and at that point, I had 24 missed calls and Violet had just as many from Andy.

"I think we should just go back home," Violet said looking at the caller ID "They are going to be so angry with us," I shrugged

"Who cares? They aren't our parents or anything we are adults we can do whatever we want you're not married yet," I teased, "Besides you can't tell me you don't want to play laser tag!" I smirked knowing I had got her there.

"You're right," She sighed before getting out of the car. We were on our last round when the game was called short. Everyone in the arena groaned and hung up their vest and guns.

"Well, that sucks! But at least we won most of them!" I said to Violet as we exited the gun pack storage room to enter back into the lobby. Violet didn't say anything I looked over at her and she looked like she had seen a ghost. "Vi what's-" I followed where her eyes were stuck I knew why she looked like that because there stood Stephen, Andy and 4 other members of the gang. I started to think of a way out of this but I was coming up blank. They started towards us.

"Hey, see those men over there? They keep following my friend and I everywhere and are really creeping us out could you call security or something so we can leave without them following us?" I blurted out to the worker behind the counter who looked scared of the men but also agreed to call over security.

"Vi, let's go!" I whispered grabbing her arm pulling her to the parking lot.

"What did you do?" She yelled as she buckled I threw the car in drive flooring it out of there.

"I may or may not have told the worker that they were following us and to get security," I giggled taking a sharp turn. Violet's mouth dropped open.

"You're kidding right?" She asked not amused by my little stunt.

"Nope,"

"You realize they are going to kill us right?" I shrugged thankfully they loved us so I didn't think that they were actually going to kill us.

"Well did you have fun?"

"Well yes but-"

"Then that's all that matters," I said pulling into the house I thought about going to the apartment or the CIA but that would have only pissed them off more. I figured I should give in while I'm ahead. I opened the front door to Rick and a bunch of the others sitting on the couch playing some game. All of their heads snapped in our direction.

"You two are in so much shit," Rick said pausing the game he was playing.

"I know, I know" I sighed flopping down on the couch next to Brett.

"Wait how did you escape them at the laser tag place?" Brett asked taking a sip of his beer.

"I told the worker that they were stalking us and security was called on them," I said all of their eyes bugged out of their head before they started laughing wildly.

"You guys are totally dead," Jackson laughed I grabbed Brett's beer taking a slug of it, I was going to need a lot more to deal with the wrath of Stephen. I just wanted to have some fun who knew it was too much to ask for. The boys went back to playing their game, Violet was nervously playing with her hair. Not even five minutes later did the door slam open with an angry Stephen and Andy. I gave a shy wave.

"You downstairs now!" Stephen growled through clenched teeth.

"Violet upstairs!" Andy yelled grabbing her arm dragging her with him.

"Wait!" I called after them "Andy don't be angry at her, it was my idea." Stephen went to open his mouth "Yeah, yeah I'm going," getting off the couch I headed towards the basement door that lead to the gym. Stephen in close pursuit. "Wish me luck boys!" I called behind me as I made my way down the stairs and into the gym. I heard the door close and there was Stephen fist down at his side, jaw tense and eyes raging with anger.

"Before you go off yelling at me, I would like to say one thing. I'm not sorry for what I did because I wanted to have some freedom and go have fun with my best friend like old times. Sorry, you can't handle that I am an independent person and you know for damn sure that I can handle myself. I don't feel the need to tell you everywhere I go because you aren't my parent you are my boyfriend. I know you are concerned about the Cobras but honestly, they're not threatening to me. I've taken down bigger scarier people than them. I don't mean to anger you. Sometimes you make me want to be defiant. You're so controlling that I want to rebel against you and I have to be sneaky to do so. I wish that I could tell you what I am going to do but I can't, you'll just tell me no or yell at me. I love you Stephen and I understand that you are worried about my protection but you don't need to be." I sat down on the edge of the boxing ring looking at the man before me. He stood ridged unsure how to respond.

"Rosalie Foxx you are the most infuriating woman that I have ever met. I don't even know what to do with you right now. You know you're not invincible right? You can be shot or killed. You seem to think that you can do whatever you want without getting hurt or worrying about the consequences. News flash you can't! You're reckless with your life this is why I worry so much and I am so protective of you. Rose, I don't think you understand that I'm not sure that I could live without you now and you just think you can go off and do whatever you desire without thinking about me and how I feel." He didn't scream or yell. He seemed more defeated than anything else. A hand ran through his hair slightly tugging at it. "Rose, I'm in love with you. I would do anything for you to make sure you don't get hurt or anything. But you won't let me. I'm not used to this okay? I've never done relationships before this and I'm doing the best that I know how. I lost everyone I loved at a young age so sorry if I don't want to lose you too," I didn't know what to say, I forgot that he had lost everyone so young. I walked over to him my fingers brushing over his cheek.

"You won't lose me, Stephen. I promise." I whispered wrapping my arms around his waist nuzzling my face into his chest.