Deja Vu

3 weeks later

* Eva Pov****

the weeks were flying by and it was now August, and although school had me crazy busy, August and I messaged each other almost every day. It was crazy how much we had in common.

As I sat under one the gazebos on campus reading,  I heard someone approach me.

"do you mind if I seat here? " a voice said.

I looked up to see that boy Anika had pointed out to me a while back sitting across from me on the table.

"well we both pay tuition here so I cant stop you," I replied.

"Evangeline right?" he said stretching his hand out so I could shake it.

"yup, and you are Calvin." I said being polite.

"oh I didn't know you knew my name, " he said.

"yea Anika mentioned you kinda knowing where I am when she needs to find me, " I said waiting on a response.

he chuckled,  " guilty...that I am. but to be real with you I just cant help but notice such a beautiful girl in my biology, chemistry and algebra classes"

"thanks I guess. nice to finally meet my gprs system" I said jokingly.

he laughed, " smart beautiful and funny? who is the lucky man?"

"uhh no man, guess that means im secretly cray cray right?" I said to him.

" nope, just means I get to take you out sometime, " he smiled.

Although Calvin was very handsome I just didnt feel like any type of attraction towards him.

" thanks but no thanks, " I said before leaving the gazebo, " nice to meet you anyways" I said with a smile and left.

*August Pov*

"so Aug the showcase is in two weeks and friday we got you a gig down at Prism" Noonie said jotting down some notes on the calendar.

"coo man." I said. I was feeling real good. everything seemed to be working out these past couple of days. I looked down to see Eva had replied my message and I smiled at her response.

We hadnt seen each other in a minute but It felt like we did since we spoke so often. Both of us have been on our hustle so texting was pretty much the way to go.

I placed my phone on the chair before heading into the booth.

* Two days later***

" so its friday! what we gon do tonight?!" Anika asked as she jumped onto her bed.

I sighed, not this friday Nika...you know I got this damn test on monday to finish studying for." I turned the page of the text book.

" I on even kno why u studyin so hard. yo ass still get As without opening a book! shit, its like u got one of those photogenic memories" she rolled her eyes at me.

"photographic...and I told you already I was caught up on my English paper so I havent opened my biology book since last week." I felt exasperated but turned my chair over to her.

" im sorry nini but this test is 25% of my semester grade. I need to study." I said

"aight, I kno. imma just call those ratchet hoes to come to the club with me tonight, " she said to me.

I raised an eyebrow, " ratchet hoes?"

" yea, you kno. Kimberlyn, Rayshonda and Tyka." she started, " I on like bringin those hoes over to classy clubs with me but since u aint comin I got no choice!"