Friends to Lovers Pt. 13

Y/N POV

Fear simulations are the worst. It wasn't even my turn yet, but I was scared shitless.
Even the toughest of us, had to be carried out of the room. And because I was first in ranking, I was the last one to try out this amazing simulation. I'm going to puke.
Xavier sat next to me, Lucy has been inside for ten minutes by now.
For some time we tried to do small talk, keep our minds off, of what we are about to do, but it didn't work. And when Lucy was carried out by a dauntless member, my spirit sank.
Xavier was next, it took about seven minutes, until two guys carefully carried him out and the last one before me entered the room.
My mind was racing, thinking about what could be in my fear simulation. The only thing that came to mind, was my father. He would definitely be in there in some way. Other than that...maybe needles. I really don't like those. But that's that. I can't think of more.
I was leaning back, resting my head against the wall, just as the door opened and the guy was carried out...again. Seriously, no one that went through the simulations today, was able to walk out on their own feet.
"Y/N? You ready?" Four stood in the doorway, looking at me. "Well, can I say no?" At this he just chuckled and shook his head. I followed him into the room and sat down on the chair.
"Most people encounter one to two fears at their first try. The last fear is always the worst, but you're going to see that one another time. Don't worry."
At least something. I won't see my father today.
Four took some kind of gun with a needle in front and moved my hair back.
I had to keep myself from wincing, as Four pressed the needle into my neck.
Keeping my eyes shut, I didn't want to open them. Why should I? If I can't see them, they can't see me, right?
Well, I had to open them sooner or later. And in this case, it was as soon as I felt something crawl up my leg. Spiders. Of course.
Creepy, but easy to get rid of. After that came needles and darkness. So far so good.
I mean, technically I should have waken up by now, but who cares. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.
That was until my next fear. I awoke in my bed in Erudite. First, I thought this would be my fear with my father, but then I noticed my sister, sound asleep, beside me.
I sat up, trying to collect my thoughts, just as our mother opened the door and set two bags down.
"Emily? Wake up." She gently shook my sister awake, who looked utterly confused. "Where are we going? Why is Y/N not coming with us?"
"Mum?"  I reached out and touched her shoulder, but she didn't react. For her, I  wasn't even there. Why is my mind showing me this?!
Our mother ignored her question and pulled her through the hole house, till they were outside.
"Mum! Take me with you! Please!" Tears were streaming down my face, as I watched my mother and sister leave. Again.
I curled into a ball on the floor, crying. I want this to be over! Why  do we have to do this? It's torture! I laid there, for what felt like  eternity until something caught my attention.
A tap on my shoulder made me look up. Xavier stood there, smiling down  at me. Maybe it already was over! Maybe I just dreamed the last part!
He was about to say something, when a black shadow appeared behind him, slitting his throat open.
"Nooooooo!" I caught his lifeless body before it could hit the floor. "Xavier..." Why is all this happening? I want to wake up!
I cried into Xavier's chest, hoping to finally wake up, but as always, I didn't.
Before I could really realise everything that was going on, I felt something struck my back. I realised, I wore nothing but my bra and the school uniform skirt.
It was time for him. I thought about fighting back, but I couldn't. After I watched my best friend die, I didn't have any power left. So I just laid there, hoping that this nightmare would end soon.

Eric POV

When Four called me, I expected to find an initiate, that had to be carried out. What I certainly didn't expect was Four, Max and Y/N, still in her simulation. "What's wrong?" I moved to stand beside Four and looked at the screen.
Y/N just laid there, getting beaten by her father. She didn't fight back. Shit. Why did she choose Dauntless? If she chose anything else, this wouldn't happen. I wouldn't have to watch the only person I care about, getting hurt.
"She won't wake up." Four looked concerned, glancing at me and Max.
"There has to be a way to wake her up!" I turned to Max, who just shook his head. "Not without risking her life. She has to do it on her own." Max turned to have a look at her vitals, while I was thinking of a way to wake her. And I thought of something.
"Fuck that! Four." Almost ripping my jacket from my body, I picked up Y/N's limp body and sat down, with her on top of me. Thankfully, Four understood what I wanted from him and immediately connected me to her, before injecting me with the serum.
After a few seconds, I found myself standing in Y/N's old living room. She still laid on the floor, her father still above her. Running to her, I knocked her father out, before cradling her body in my arms.
"Sssshhhh. I'm here. It's going to be okay. I'm here now." She continued to sob into my chest, making my heart ache.
"I know it hurts Y/N, but I need you to wake up. You can do that." I pressed her tighter against my body, waiting for her to calm down.
After a while, she did and she managed to wake up.
Opening my eyes, I found Max and Four staring at the girl in my arms. Her eyes were wide and she frantically looked around the room.
Her eyes eventually found mine and she hugged me, grabbing my shirt.
"It's okay. It's over Y/N." Four and Max left the room, giving us privacy.
"Eric..." She sobbed into my shirt, causing me to hug her tighter.
"I'll get you home." She nodded her head and I picked her up.
Outside, Four and Max were quietly talking, but shut up as soon as I walked outside with Y/N in my arms.
"I'll take her to my place." I didn't care what either of them thought. I just wanted to get her home. I took the fastest way back and laid her down in my bed as soon as we were there.
"Eric...this wasn't real, was it?" Her voice was small, barely audible.
"No, it wasn't. None of it." She nodded and scooted closer, cuddling against me. My arms were tightly locked around her small frame. As long as I'm still breathing, I will let nothing hurt her.
"I love you Eric."