[17] Born To Be Wild

Song: Born To Be Wild by Twisted Sister(this song has nothing to do with this chapter, but I like the band and it has 'born' in the title sooo \(•~•)/ )

Why do people say 'I could care less'? That's basically saying you care and you could care less, but you don't. What they really mean is 'I couldn't care less' to say that they don't care at all.

Y/n's POV

"You're pregnant?" Mark yelled, Staring at the test in his hand.

The secret was out. The growing, burdensome secret was finally off my chest and into the air, thickening it. It felt better to have finally told him, but now it was a whole new situation I had to deal with. It was unpredictable of how he would react and I didn't want to find out how all this would end. Sadly, I would have to find out what would happen eventually for if I waited any longer, he would've noticed the growing bump on my stomach and all the symptoms and put two and two together.

I sat in front of him on the tan, cushioned chair in the living room, my hair damp and now wearing dry clothes. A blanket draped around my shoulders, keeping the warmth around me and heating up my cold skin. Mark stood in front of me, speechless. He stared at the test with wide eyes, mouth slightly hanging open. He now wore a dry hoodie and sweatpants, his brown hair mostly dry and falling whichever way it desired.

Still unsure of how he would react, I decided to speak up with my timid, shaking voice. "I mean, it can't be that bad-"

"Not that bad?" Mark cut me off. "You're pregnant! You really think we can have a baby right now? In our situation?"

"Well-" I tried to speak, but he cut me off again.

"We're criminals, Y/n! The police are hunting us down. We can't have a baby with us! Moving place to place, a crying baby with us everywhere we go!"

He stopped again. Thinking he was done, I open my mouth to speak but Mark beat me to it once again.

"Not to mention, we'd be putting a child into hell! They wouldn't have a normal life. If they're seen with us, they'll be after them too, using them as a tool to find us! They'll never get to go to a school, have friends, live a normal life."

A different kind of guilt took over me, giving me another reason to wish I could fall into a never ending hole. Bringing a kid into this world with us wouldn't be a good decision. As much as I love the idea of having a kid, I don't want one this early or in this situation. If I can't give a child a normal life with friends, a loving family, ect. I shouldn't have one at all.

"How are we even going to have this child? It's not like we can go to a hospital where they have to know every damn detail of our lives! I don't know shit about giving birth! I don't even know how to properly take care of a child, you think I can help you get the kid out of you?" Mark continued, throwing his hands all over the place in exaggeration.

Finally speaking, I said "Trust me, I don't want to have this kid anymore than you-"

"Then why'd you get pregnant?" Mark yelled, staring at me, wanting an answer immediately.

"I was drunk as shit, I never would've done it if I was sober!" I yelled back, returning the look of frustration. "Besides, if you were watching us this could've been prevented."

"Oh, so I'm your babysitter now?"

I rolled my eyes. "I mean, you were the only sober one there and if you saw two drunk people go into a bedroom you should know to stop whatever is going on."

Mark stood in silence for a moment, staring at the couch next to him as if he were thinking. "Wait, you said I was there. When was this?"

"That night at Seth's when we all got drunk. He brought in drinks and we all thought it'd be all fun times." I answered truthfully.

"So the father of this damn baby is one of the guys?" He yelled. "Which one?"

Full of both fear and annoyance, I mumbled "Tyler" just loud enough for him to hear.

Mark sighed, tossing the test onto the cushioned footrest in front of the couch and began pacing, rubbing his face in his hands. "Tyler fucking Schied. He's the father and the reason of that thing in your stomach!"

Rolling my eyes at called the baby a thing, I speak up. "I mean, we could just have the baby and drop it off at an orphanage's doorstep or something, like a lot of movies."

"No, we're not giving the child away."

Confusion and curiosity rising in me, I raised an eyebrow and bring my head up to look at the man before me. "Why? I'd be so much easier-"

"We're not giving the child away." Mark stated firmly, staring at me with hard eyes.

Mentally rolling my eyes, I looked back at the floor, accepting that he wouldn't answer my question. Mark sighed and began making his way over to me. He kneeled next to me, grabbing my hand from my lap and holding it tightly in his. His eyes were soft as he stared at me and his expression was nothing but caring.

"You're this kid's mother. How difficult and frustrating this will be is a lot, but I think we should keep it." He whispered. A small smile began to grow on his face before he continued. "They may not have a normal life, but we could try our damn best to give them a great life. We could raise them to be a badass, teach them all about the great adventures their mother has gone on, show them what it's like to live a life full of risks and nothing but fun."

I giggled quietly at Mark's list, loving this soft side of him. It was sweet and a rare sight that was starting to show more than usual. It was something I loved seeing and couldn't get enough of.

"You'd make the perfect father." I smiled down at him.

His grin widened. Is that an offer?" He asked, leaning in.

"I'm sure you're going to be the father figure whether you like it or not." I chuckled.

Mark stood up, planting a kiss on my forehead and pulling away with a goofy smile on his face. I was so afraid of how this would end, but it came out better than I ever would've imagined.

I never would've imagined a month ago I'd be writing on wattpad while listening to 50s music...

I never would've thought I'd listen to music from the 50s XD