Chapter forty eight- A successful exit

More images of Hunter.. I don't know about you, but he's definitely good looking 😍😍

  I'm trying to make up for my poor updates recently so here's another chapter to beg for your forgiveness 🥀🥀

I love you all.. please do vote and leave comments where you deem necessary.

I hope you enjoy it ❤️❤️

Hunter's p.o.v.
———————

" Yes you nitwit, I'll inform her" I groaned into the receiver.

" You better, I'm bored already. I miss her so much" Dylan moaned and I scoffed at his cry baby instincts.

  He left for Saint Alamos very early this morning and it's just four pm in the evening. He's not even been gone a day.

" Tell her yourself then, you idiot"  my feet were sprawled out on my desk as I reclined in my chair.

  There was a slow influx of work today so it wasn't as tedious as usual and I'm grateful for it. Work hours are almost done with.

  The dinner at Reid's went on successfully and three days later I'm anticipating my next plan.

  I could possibly tell him all about it now.

" She ain't picking up you dumbass" Dylan retorted.

  So much for asking me to do something for him nicely.

" Has it occurred that maybe she doesn't want to speak with you?" I smirked at my response because I knew fully well what was happening.

  Dylan planned his return and didn't inform Iris of the date, according to him he didn't know how to break it to her.

  So when Iris woke up this morning and saw Dylan with two briefcases and a ticket, let's just say she realized silence is the best answer to a Dylan.

" You're an idiot" he spat and I could feel his irritation growing at my mockery, but if I don't do it, who will?

" Tell me something I don't know" my smirk practically increasing.

" For once in my life Hunter be a useful donut and do something good for me"

" That's not possible, I've already done something good for you in sixth grade when I gave you my lunch during our visit to Uncle Tucker" I sacrificed the most amazing peanut butter sandwich for this goat.

" Jesus! You remember that?"

" What kind of a cousin would I be to forget?"

" Err- I don't know, a good one"

" Nope, I'll be a dumb one"

  More groans from my lovely cousin over the phone.

" You should really save that noise for the bedroom, except you're into me now and I don't dig that" who knew teasing could be so much fun.

" Ewwwwwwww!!!! You know what? Forget it. I'll call her when I can. Goodbye!" He ends the call before I had a chance to respond.

  I laughed out so loudly that anyone nearby would assume I've gone crazy.

  Today has just been delightful.

I began saving and closing up documents on my laptop when a soft knock on my door pulled my attention.

" Come in" my gaze lingering in the direction of the incoming person.

" Mr McConnell? It's me"

" Clarissa? You're still around? What's going on?" She usually leaves thirty minutes before closing hours except on instruction, due to the far location of her home from this place.