|Thirty Two|

The tension was killing me.
Standing outside beside the large gates that usually withheld a ginormous create, judging front the size of her enclosure, with the heavy sun beating down on my skin was as almost as excruciating as child birth. I was tremendously grateful that Daniel was off the island; far away from whatever nightmare that is about to unfold if this is anything from what Claire's reaction deems necessary. If this dinosaur had partial T-Rex genome, I dreaded the thought of whatever else could make it that much more deadlier. Just look at what happened in the first park all those unfortunate years ago. Even the advances in technology we have today couldn't prevent the eventuality of this event.

The minuets ticked by so slowly. The construction outside had ceased due to it being a lunch break for all the workers. Almost a positive in the otherwise negative situation; they had a head start in getting off this haunted island, a greater chance in surviving than other casualties that will fall later today. I mentally prepared for the amount of calls I would be receive once the park goes into lock down. The suffocating heat and the pressurised crowds would cause an exotic amount of entropy in the centre of the island; those situations will always end in casualties. That's even disregarding the injuries the ACU teams sent out to retire the large dinosaur will receive, regardless if there mission is a success in returning her back to her enclosure.

By this point in the day, my patience was wearing very thin. I was Half tempted to walk back up the daunting flight of stairs and enter the observatory and see just what was taking so long because the same group of three men, including my selfless husband, entered that enclosure and are yet to return, half an hour later. I didn't have my phone or radio on my persons as I had left them in Claire's car, who had conveniently left us in the dust when she attempted to contact the control room.
My thoughts are interrupted by loud grumbling of the tall enclosure doors beside me as I lean against the outer walls, the vibrations rattling my bones in my flesh as I step away to look questioningly at the opening of the doors that I'm 100% sure are meant to stay closed unless the dinosaur is in transit. Could it be possible that they had captured, tranquillised and transported this Indominus Rex that quickly? If she was anything like a T-Rex surely it would take a minimum of an hour just to scramble the ACU team and track her down. I'm also sure that a member of the Asset Containment Unit would have arrived to prepare for the return of the animal.
But also, why were the doors opening from the inside?

I feel my breathing stop as I come to the realisation of what is occurring.
"Oh my goodness..." I gasp, turning to face the enclosure and watch as Nick runs from the inside and screams inaudible noises to himself as he makes a dash behind one of the construction trucks. A few of the construction workers who were previously casually milling about were now on their feet and running for cover. Frantic shouting and pushing between them as they all headed into various trucks or the bushes that surround Paddock 11.

Another loud alarm accompanying the abduction movement of the doors as they pause for a second, and then slowly begin to close again.
Moving quickly, ignoring the erupting chaos around me, I look inside the enclosure to find my husband,
"Owen!" I scream, my eyes growing wide in finding the ginormous beast that charges after my fleeing husband as he rushes for the closing doors.

The sheer size of the deadly carnivore has my heart caught in my throat as I spot her long forearms and the sharp talons that are reaching out for Owens tender flesh as he draws closer to me. Her pale, scaly skin reflecting the bright light of the sun as her snout lowers to the ground and her jaws open wide to reveal blood stained teeth as she launches for her pray.

It takes me a precious second longer then it should have to realise that I should be running. Owen has momentum and adrenaline, alongside multiple years of training in the Navy on his side... I do not.