And Then the World Went Dark

Help. I R sad. Also please comment! I'm oh so lonely. sorry the chapter is so short, the next one is longer I promise. 

-----------------------------------------------

Hisashi and few of his colleagues had driven Izuku to the warehouse several days ago to undergo some more tests after they had given him a mystery serum, refusing to tell him what it was, and to try out yet another experiment on their favorite test subject. This was his 40th visit to the warehouse since the first week of his joining the league with his father. 40 experiments within the past 11 months.

His poor, brittle body was riddled with hundreds of scars, not all from the warehouse visits, spanning from faint pale lines and holes on his arms and legs to large burns, lacerations, and even a few places on his body where the skin seemed to be growing back over damaged muscle and nerve endings. Those spots were in constant pain, though Hisashi had told him the pain would help him.

Izuku knew that what his father and the league did to him wasn't good or normal, but he still hung on to the hope that his father was doing this to help him get stronger.

He was blindfolded, as he usually was while on the way to the warehouse. When he got there the scientists explained after the regular poking and prodding that they wanted to try out a new drug, giving the user enhanced sight, "better than a hawks!" is what they said. They had a large needle already prepared for him. Izuku knew better than to show how he felt about what he was about to be subjected to.

Izuku was strapped to the regular metal chair, somewhat resembling one from a dentist's office. Izuku knew what this chair meant. He tried to prepare himself for whatever painful thing they were about to put himself through, though he knew it wouldn't do much if the experiment was especially agonizing . By the time the last strap was secured he had already gone to a place in his brain where the outside world couldn't bother him.

The pain was barely noticeable at first, feeling almost like an unscratchable itch resting just below his left eye, slowly filling into his right as well. It soon morphed into an excruciating burn that Izuku could barely stand. He was brought out of his head when the pain became indescribable. He struggled against his restraints, thrashing, screaming and sobbing, the tears filling his eyes might as have been acid from how bad it burned. He managed to rip his arms from the leather that fastened them down, and he began to claw his eyes out from the sockets where they previously sat.

The scientists and villains grabbed his arms, trying to wrench them away from his mutilated eyes, or what little was left of the deformed orbs. They were too late, and the damage was done.

Izuku had scraped his way through his left eye all the way to the optic nerve, which was barely covering the retinal vessels. The right was hardly in a better state, though he had still managed to dig out the lens, clawing his way into the vitreous body, which holds the liquid of the eye.

The outside of his eyes weren't in a much better state, as large, deep scratches marred the upper part of his face, the bloody gashes smearing every which way. The eyelids were somehow still intact.

The scientists had to remove what was left of his eyes, barely keeping him alive in the process.

Izuku was bedridden, and almost always heavily sedated, as to not cause more damage to his already destroyed eyes. The pain was still there, however. The itch still lingered, whether or not he was awake or not.

This continued for weeks, Izuku always floating somewhere in between consciousness and rest. Sensei had decided soon after that Izuku was no good to them in this state, and decided that he might have to help speed up the process, and maybe even gift the green haired boy with a way to cope with his new disability.