The Sleeping Pawn

Guys I'm on a role!! Here's the next chapter! Please comment if you can! Thanks for taking the time to read!

                                                         ------------------------------------------------

Hisashi was unbelievably pissed. His useless, quirkless son was laying in bed with 2 less eyes than he did earlier, and he was disgusted. His son-no- that boy was wasting everyone's time and energy on trying to keep him from doing anything else to hurt himself. He just didn't understand it. They could be doing so many better things instead of babysitting some worthless brat.

Within the 11 months that he had known the kid, he had never wanted to rip apart a child more. He was a whiny crybaby who could barely handle a simple knife technique. When they first met the boy he was almost certain that he would end up with his quirk, or at least something close to it. But no, he was quirkless. Once the twat goblin had tried to tell him that he might be a late bloomer, and to take it easy on him. He ended up with a few lovely burns after that comment.

Hisashi decided that if nothing was done about the child soon, he would get rid of him. He would give it a day or two, and if nothing was done he would burn that useless fuck trophy into a golden crisp.

Two days past with no change. Hisashi was fed up with the attention the child was getting, and sought to snuff it out.

He waited until midnight to kick the kid's bucket. Most villains were either out doing whatever they did with their time, or sleeping somewhere in the bar where they probably shouldn't have been, those places ranging from the counter where Kurogiri served the drinks to up in the headboards where all sorts of vermin had nested.

Silently, Hisashi creeped past the passed out villains in front of the bar into the back room where Izuku lay in a fitful state of rest. He creaked open the heavy metal door and smiled when he saw his oblivious victim in his state of unease. "Serves the brat right." Hisashi thought to himself.

He crept up to the bed where Izuku lay and felt his throat start to heat, his tonsils acting as coals, his saliva a match to light them. Smoke begins to seep through the cracks in his teeth as he smiles a primitive smile, which eerily bare resemblance to the face of a predator about to pounce upon their prey. He stalks up to the boy, reaching out to grab him by his collar. He wanted him to be conscious as Hisashi torched him. When he touched the child he felt his head being split by a mind numbing pain. He retracted his hand as though the simple act as touching Izuku burned, which wasn't exactly wrong.

"It hurts, doesn't it? It seems our young Izuku has finally gained his quirk."

Hisashi whipped around to discover an unknown young man. Most of the person's skin was charred to a dark purple, the damaged skin being stabled to the normal, average skin with large staples. He wore dark clothing, making him even more difficult to depict from the surroundings of the dark room they were currently standing in. He had to be at least twenty years younger then Hisashi himself Maybe around the same age as Shigaraki, though he looked a little younger despite the scarred skin.

"Yeah, I guess he has." Hisashi replied a big grin plastered over a scowl. "Can I ask who you are, kid?"

"Dabi." The pre-teen 'Dabi' replied.

"You wanna tell me what you're doing in here, creepily standing in the dark?" Hisashi asked, letting some of his annoyance seep through in the question.

"I was put on guard duty of my favorite green bean, what about you?"

"I'm just wanted to come check on my son. Is that a crime?"

"Only if you're going to kill him." replied a raspy, familiar voice, the sound echoing. Hisashi looks around for the god forsaken voice, the one that seemed to haunt him throughout his dreams. It seemed Sensei had acquired yet another quirk.

"What are you really doing in here, Spit Fire?" Dabi asks, a sickenly sweet smile spreads across his face, excitement reaching out in his words. Sparks began to fly off his finger tips.

Hisashi knew whatever was about to happen wasn't good. He could probably take down the brat in front of him without too much effort. What he was really scared about was that he was involved, and Hisashi knew he didn't stand a chance. His best option was to bolt, and so he did.

He kicked off Izuku's bed and sprinted out of the room. He lit a fire in his throat and breathed out, releasing a large stream of fire as an attempt to throw off his new enemies. He runs past the stirring villains at the bar, seeming to have been woken up by the commotion coming from the other room.

He zoomed through the door of the bar, trying to get as much space as he could from the bar. He climbed a fire escape up to a building's roof, and disappeared from sight.

Dabi was hot on his tail, his hand engulfed in flames as he reached out for the back of Hisashi's neck. Hisashi had made it to the door with Dabi right behind him before a hand grabbed him by the hood of his thin black jacket. He thrashed for a moment against the grip, to little succession, however. He stops and crosses his arms while the arm sets him down.

"Why'd you go and stop me Sensei? You know he's gonna come back, right?" Dabi asks, the annoyance making itself known in the boy's usual deadpan tone.

" Yes, that's what I'm hoping on. You'll understand soon enough. Thank you for watching over Midoriya for me tonight instead of playing with Tomura, you can go now. If you need anything, let me know. I am indebted to you."

Dabi looked indescribably surprised, though a hopeful glint shone in his eyes.

"Actually Sensei, sir? Would it be ok for me to stay in contact with Midoriya?"

This intrigued Sensei. "Yes, that's fine. Can I inquire as to why?"

"Well, I guess he reminds me a bit of my younger brother. He's the same age as Midoriya, and he's also got a scar on his face. I feel like, I don't know, His-"

Dabi felt a hand grab his shoulder. He looks up to face Sensei, dread filling his stomach.

"Do not get attached to that child, Dabi. He is nothing but a mere pawn for our dear Tomura, and only a fool would allow themselves to get attached to a pawn. Correct?"

"Correct, Sensei."