TWO

004 had absolutely no idea where she had teleported to nor did she have any clue on where she'd come from. she'd never seen the outside of the lab she called home and hell. all she hoped was that she was far enough away from it.

the sky was dark and 004 watched as she saw real life stars above her, not just ones she'd seen in her dreams. there were dark clouds spread among the sky, and it was close to a downpour of rain. 004 knew she could use her powers to keep the rain off of her, but she also knew being able to control parts of nature wasn't particularly normal. if she used her abilities, she'd spark questions in the town of hawkins, making it easier for her to be found by dr brenner.

she turned down a random street, letting her luck guide her. she wasn't sure where she was going, but she planned to find a place she could hideout until the sun approached. although suddenly, she stopped in the middle of the road, hearing a car engine from about a mile away. she had a strength in her hearing, she could hear things from far away, the distance depending on her strength and focus. but she knew in this moment, something was coming.

she snapped out of her thoughts and ran to the side of the road, acting like she was just a normal human taking a walk. she brushed her hair out of her face and heard the car getting closer and closer every second. most of her fellow subjects had no hair, but for some reason brenner kept hers. he claimed that her hair kept her connected, that she would stroke it when she was feeling weak or scared. he used that to keep her vulnerable.

the car pulled slowly behind her, and a teen pulled into the driveway she had just passed. she slowed her breathing, believing she'd successfully passed one person from asking any questions. but this particular person was a little nosey, a little too friendly.

"hey, are you all good?" an older teen asked

"i'm fine" 004 responded, continuing to walk

"it's about to start raining, just come over here and i can at least get you an umbrella" the teen replied

she stopped "i said, i'm fine"

she could tell he was a male by the tone and sound of his voice, but she didn't need anybody's help. she only wanted to escape, to run far away from hawkins, indiana.

"i can get you food, maybe some water? i drive, so a ride to someplace? just let me help. i have nothing interesting to do tonight" the teen said, his voice getting a little closer with every word

004 thought to herself about what she'd been through. small meals only if she completed the task asked of her, two water bottles a day, a clean hospital gown every week or so.

"please, just let me help" he said, standing at the edge of his driveway

004 turned around. she knew it wasn't the smartest thing to do, but she lacked true human contact and she longed to be accepted by someone who didn't just want to experiment on her, "okay, i'll take something to eat"

the teen smiled at the young girl, placing his hand out for her to come towards him, she took a deep breath, walking quickly towards the boy in the driveway.

"i'll get you something, and i'm steve. steve harrington"

she nodded, a smile forming at her lips "it's nice to meet you, steve"