Chapter 94 - The Good Day

If you have the Sims 4, base game, you can download Connor, Charlotte, Nick, Christen, Margot, and a surprise character to play! Just search "I Am DBH." Feel free to republish them with different haircuts, and clothing! I didn't want to make them inaccessible to anyone who didn't have anything more than base game.

Using my friend's copy of the Sims 4 to create my OCs was so exciting, so just let me say a quick thank you to Tenlin. She doesn't use Wattpad anymore, but I still wanted to say thank you! Anyway, go and download the household and play!

It WILL say that it uses mods, but it does not! Make sure you allow modded content when you search for it, even though it does not use them. 

Also, today is just a short chapter, so I can write the last few chapters very long. 

Thank you guys, for everything.

~

"Nothing," Nick sighed, leaning back in his chair. He yawned. I don't blame him considering it's almost 10pm.

Connor stood by his own desk just watching us. "Are you sure you don't want any help?" Connor asked again.

"I'm sure. This is our thing," I told Connor. "But yeah...I haven't got anything."

"And Kyle, Kyle must be so tired right now," Nick said, picking his dog up, and looking him directly in the eyes. He had gotten so much bigger just over the past few weeks.

"Then, maybe we should just turn in. We could always come in tomorrow," I explained.

"No, you couldn't. You're a little miss city girl, now."

"What the fuck are you talking about, Nick?" I asked, confused out of my mind.

"If I'm starting to translate Lance correctly now, I think he's saying that you're moving to the city with me tomorrow. You're not going to be in a suburb of Detroit like you are right now...right, Nick?" Connor offered.

"Yeah! And that was a lot more eloquent, too. You've really picked up on a lot about me since our little discussion, haven't you?" Nick asked. 

"Sure," Connor chuckled.

"Wait, what little discussion?" I asked seriously.

"Oh, Bolts. Are you suddenly upset we don't tell you everything? I'm a strong, independent, gay man and I'm allowed to talk to whoever I damn well please."

"It was a question, not a threat to your livelihood, Nick," I sighed. 

"It's an honor that you think my livelihood is sucking dick," Nick answered.

"Dear God! I know livelihood was the wrong word but do you spend more than 3 seconds thinking about what you're about to say? And how...no one...ever wants to hear it?" I asked.

"I spent like 4 years without a best friend who I can make dick jokes to. I am going to squeeze every single thing I can out of you, Charlotte."

"Wow," I smirked.

"Well...I didn't think that's where this was going," Connor sighed. 

"Did you think I thought this was happening any more than you did?" I asked.

"No...but I'm going to take this opportunity to go see if Hank is at a bar drunk, or at home...maybe drunk," Connor said, grabbing his suit jacket off of the chair, and leaving. 

"Anyway, Charlotte. I think tomorrow you're going to have quite the good day," Nick smirked, standing up.

"Why? You're so fucking sneaky," I said, following him as he left out with Kyle cradled in his arms.

"I don't know. Don't you ever just have a suspicion?"

"Yes...but usually I don't announce it, just in case it was wrong."

"Hmm...then maybe you need a little bit more confidence, Charlotte."

Nick and I climbed into a taxi and took it home. I wasn't tired, in fact, I was excited for the next. On the other hand, Nick and Kyle were both ready to pass out, albeit, Kyle is a dog so he had been sleeping like all day. I guess he's just a growing boy, as Nick would yell at me. 

It's impossible to even have time pass when all you are is thinking about the next chapter of your life. Especially...when life feels like it just started. We're barely going into 2039, and I have awoken maybe...6 months ago, max? Now, I'm moving in with the love of my life. I don't know what to think. 

Looking outside of my window, the rain and puddles had frozen over, and snow was beginning to fall yet again. Detroit never ceases to look like a winter wonderland, even despite the circumstances. 

Oh, even better. I can visualize it now. Nick saying goodbye to me as I walk into my new apartment, and slipping on ice after some heartfelt remark.

Ah, Nick just might be right on this one. Tomorrow might be quite the good day.