Prologue

"Amethyst!" My twin brother, Kace, yells from downstairs, "If you don't get your ass down here in 5 minutes, I'm out without you!"

I sigh, looking at myself in the mirror, tugging on my skirt to make myself less insecure, and playing with my long blonde hair to make myself seem prettier. This happens almost every day, I try to make myself decent, and I just end up looking like I'm trying too hard, but with no positive features to show for it. Eventually, I give up trying to do the impossible, and make my way down the stairs before Kace drives away in his shiny new car.

Once we arrive, I try my best and get as far as humanly possible but am halted with the words: "Hey nerd!" By none other than my brother's best friend, Carter Stone.

"Yes?" I say, feigning innocence, though I know exactly whats about to happen.

"Come here." He commands, wiggling his nasty finger at me.

I walk over, and the second I get there he put his overly muscular hairy arm around me and says, "Hey babe."

The words make me cringe, but I respond with: "Hi baby, what's up?"

"Nothing babe" He trails off, but then whispers in my ear, "Wanna do something with me?"

I know exactly what he means. I know exactly what he wants from me. I've been putting it off for a while, but I know I have to let him eventually, or else my brother will allow him to do way worse things to me than have his way with me when I don't really want him to. So, instead of pulling away, and telling him how much of a jackass he is, I say, "Sure, just tell me where and when."

"Janitor's closet. Lunch. Now go to class. I'll copy your work later.. okay?"

I nod and walk off, mentally kicking myself for finally agreeing to have sex with him.

Once I arrive to my first period, English, I sit down in my assigned seat and wait for the teacher to come. She eventually comes and class starts and finishes fast. All of my classes seem to speed by, even though I'm dreading going and losing my virginity to a guy I don't want to have sex with.

It's lunch time, and I go straight to the Janitor's closet, ready to get it over with, and I see him. My heart feels like it has stopped. I'm terrified. I don't want to have sex with him. I don't even want to date this boy!

He seems to notice my panic and says, "Babe, what's wrong?"

"Maybe we shouldn't be doing this," I say trailing off. "Don't you think we shouldn't do this at school? Maybe we shouldn't do this at all.."

"Babe, you agreed. You've been trailing me along for the longest time, and you've finally said yes. We're doing this."

That was it. My fate was decided. It happened. It hurt. I wish I just said no. I cried. He laughed. I ran home. He continued laughing when I started taking off.

When I arrive home, my parents are there. They ask why I'm home, and I explain it to them. As expected, they don't care. "You don't care that I just had sex? You don't care about me saying no and it still happened?" I ask shocked.

"You should've said no at first, your fault you led him on," my father says.

"Oh my god!" I say storming off upstairs.

I decide I'm done with this place. I start to pack, and when I'm finished, I take it all downstairs.

"You're buying me a plane ticket to love with Aunt Jessica!" I command my parents.

"Excuse me?" My parents say.

"You heard me! You don't care about me! Aunt Jessica does! You're buying me a plane ticket to Australia so I can live with someone who actually cares about me!"

"Fine." My father says, sighing.

He buys me a ticket for the next flight out, which conveniently was tonight, in a few hours. We jump right into the car and my father takes me to the airport, and I can tell he's so ready to be done with me.