Twelve.

Next Morning...

Faith's POV

Waking up, I climb over Dave to get my phone and to see what time it is. It's a little past ten. I head out of my room and make my way to the bathroom to relieve myself, and to freshen up before I make something to eat.

Last night was....crazy. We definitely did NOT have sex, but that's all I could think about once everything set in that we're officially a couple. I know Dave. We all know Dave. Everybody knows that David Brewster loves sex. He's expressed it in interviews plenty of times. His songs. He's made it known.

I'm not. I've always pictured myself waiting til marriage. Of course my beliefs plays a role in my decision, but it's mainly because I want to. Not because it's advised, but I genuinely want to wait. I don't want to have to ever use a condom. I don't want to have to worry if I'm pregnant because it would be with someone I love. I don't want to worry about catching something. I lo-like David a lot, but we need to have a serious sit down conversation when he gets up.

Walking towards the kitchen I see that Nyasia is up.

"Nya! I haven't seen you in forever." I sit down beside her. It's true. We haven't seen each other for more than five minutes in last couple of weeks. Nyasia already graduated last year, but now she's in graduate school this become an OBGYN. On top of that she's interning at a hospital here in New York and her schedule is all over place, which leaves little time to see her. Tears!

"I know. I've been working so much back to back along with school just about everyday. I am exhausted." She explained very nasally.

"Oh no ma'am," I jumped up so fast from sitting beside her. "That is absolutely disgusting. You sound terrible!"

"Gee thanks, Faith" she rolled her eyes and sat back into our couch. "The hospital sent me home for a few days after prescribing some medication and I emailed my professors."

"That's great, but you gotta get up. Can't have your germs out in the open. Come on. I'll set you all up in your room." I grabbed her arm and led her to her room.

After I helped Nyasia settle in her room, I went to spray down the couch and doorknobs with disinfectant. Once I did all that I washed my hands. When I was about to start on breakfast Dave came out of my room fully dressed with his wallet and phone in tow.

"Mornin baby," he kissed me really quickly and continued to my front door. "I gotta go handle some business, but we got a date tonight. I'll pick you at 9 on the dot." Before I could say anything he was out of the door. So much for talking this morning.
—————
I finally got Dave to give me a hint on what we're doing tonight. He told me to dress up, he's taking me to dinner. We all know I'm adamant about us not being seen in public. I do think it's sweet that he wants to take me out so I didn't give him a hard time. Oh and he told me to bring a change of clothes. Negro always want to be up under me.

It's almost 9 and I'm about ready. I'm wearing a dark blue, off the shoulder, midi dress. I haven't mastered the art of makeup as of yet so a bare face is what I'm rocking tonight adding my clear lipgloss. Absolutely hate heels, but I'm wearing them tonight. Just a simple, black, one strapped heel. With my hair I decided on a top knot. I didn't want to do too much with my look, but just enough.

At nine on the dot there was a knock on my front door. Making sure to grab my wrist wallet/purse, whichever you prefer, my phone, and overnight bag, I make my way to the door.

Opening the door I see a fine, oh so very fine, Dave. He really makes me rethink this whole "waiting til marriage" thing. He looks good yes, but he's not dressed up!