21

ARTHUR AND Amara were in the car, driving away from Gotham City

"Why are we even going to your home?" She asked, Arthur who was driving.

"I don't like leaving my dad alone for too long. And I have things to attend to."

"What am I supposed to do when you're doing your own thing?" She asked with an attitude.

"Babe, first of all, don't give me an attitude. Second, you can be with my dad. It's about time you meet him. We're serious now."

"Okay. Sorry, I'm just in need of ripping Slade's head off."

"I won't let you do it. You can't.l

"This is me. You have to accept it. The goddess is me. I just need to learn to control it."

~

"I'm getting a little tired, cutie, can you drive?" Arthur asked Amara.

"Yeah. Just pull over and we'll switch."

"You're the best," he replied and pulled over.

The two got out of the car and shared a quick kiss before Amara got into the drivers seat.

It wasn't long until they arrived in Arthur's home, Amnesty Bay, Maine.

"Arthur." Amara said, tapping Arthur's shoulder. "We're here. Is the house apart of the lighthouse?"

"Yeah, yeah, the lighthouse." Arthur said waking up.

"This area is so cute." She said, turning off the car and grabbed her bags. It wasn't much anyways.

Arthur and her knock on the door, and his dad opens it. He let them get in and he closed the door.

"Oh, hi, Mr. Curry. I'm Amara, Arthur's girlfriend." She told him, and she was super nervous.

Arthur had gone to his room to put his stuff and Amara's things away.

"Nice to meet you, Amara. I'm Thomas, but you can call me Tom. Please have a seat."

Amara sat down, and her leg was shaking. She didn't want to mess up or look bad in front of her boyfriend's father. She didn't want him to know about her powers, and her being classified as a 'metahuman.'

"Sorry, I'm just really nervous. I've never met my significant other's parent."

"It's okay!" Tom replied, coming back with tea.

"Thank you."

Tom handed her a cup of tea and the two drank it.

"Goodnight Tom. I'm tired."

"Goodnight Amara, see you in the morning."

Since it was late at night, Amara was tired and went to the room.

~

Arthur had woken up early to be in the sea for a little. He saved Russian sailors from pirates. They called themselves the Manta. In the process, he killed someone's father. He killed the head of the Manta. But he didn't care, he wanted to be a hero and save lives. And he did. He evacuated the sailors and brought them to safety.

~

It was now morning, and Arthur wasn't in the bed. She looked through the window and Arthur jumped up from the water and saw him give his father Tom a hug.

She was really jealous that Arthur had at least one parent. Amara had zero family, nada.

Arthur and Tom went inside the house to get Arthur a shirt. Amara was awake, sitting on the couch, watching TV.

"Good morning babe. Good morning Tom." She said.

"Morning." Tom and Arthur said at the same time.

She was watching the news channel, and it was about Gotham City. They didn't know where all this destruction came from, but she did. It was her.

"For the past year, we've been seeing destruction beyond compare. This is becoming worse and worse. And we know it's a metahuman." A scientist said to the anchorman and anchorwoman.

Amara rolled her eyes and got up.

"Let's go get breakfast, shall we?" Arthur said, and he knew that Amara was bothered by the news.

The three of them left the house and got into Tom's old truck. Tom sat in the back, while Amara and Arthur sat in the front.

"What's wrong?" Arthur asked Amara.

"They're hunting me down." She replied. "And they should be. I suck. I really do."

"Babe, you gotta stop blaming yourself. This happens when you're a hero."

"I know it does, but it's different for me. I make that happen. It's in my blood."

"Whoa? You're a meta human too?" Tom asked. "What are your powers?"

"It's a long story, Tom." She said.

"I have time," he replied, with a smile.

"Okay well, I've been alive for more than 100,000 years. I am a Greek goddess. I was first Princess of Ethiopia at the time when the gods still ruled Mount Olympus. I was captured and to be eaten by Cetus but Perseus saved me. We got married and I had nine kids. After that, I went to Greece and became an Amazon. I fought in the battle against Ares and won. The Greek gods gave me the last of their power, making me the Goddess of destruction, chaos, ruin, rage and strategic fighting. They did the same for Diana Prince, but she is nearly not as strong as me. I was a goddess, who stood at the side of Hephaestus, Poseidon, Zeus, Athena, you name it. I knew them all. But Diana was the god killer, and I am the unkillable goddess. Diana is the daughter of Zeus. But, I am the daughter of all the gods. They all gave me this power, this intellect, this speed, everything really. Every super thing about me is because of them. In the next battle against Hercles, I was the general of all the Amazons. But we lost, and many of them died. Including me. Hercles drove his sword through me, killing me. But my spirit was very much alive. I have been roaming the earth ever since then. I saw everything, including when Arthur was born. It's very strange. To this day, I don't know why they didn't let me die. Maybe it's because I was the best and strongest person they'd ever seen? I don't know. But twenty-six years ago, I was born in Ethiopia. I was a Jane Doe. No one knew who I was, or where I came from. But my Hindu parents, who couldn't have children adopted me on their vacation to Ethiopia. They raised me, made me who I am. But they died almost two years ago. And now here I am, dating your son, trying to figure this hero thing out."

"Wow." Was all that Tom could say.

"I said the same thing when she told me, Dad." Arthur said with a laugh.

"I wish I was the goddess of something else. Not this, it's too much. But I came back for a reason, and I need to fulfill it." Amara said.

"Well, we are here. This is our breakfast place." Arthur said, and it was a bar.

"This is a bar. I think you're mistaken." Amara said, getting out of the truck and opened the door for Tom to get out.

Once in the bar, the two guys began to drink like crazy. But Amara didn't mind. Arthur was happy, and that meant she was happy too.