53. Thanos

I opened my eyes and looked at the purple ceiling. Oh how I wished it had all been a dream. But it hadn't been, so I got dressed and decided to walk around the palace. There were a lot of servants walking around, doing their job. 

There was a big balcony where the Grandmaster and his following were having an extensive meal. Loki was sitting on his right hand. 

" Odette!" the Grandmaster yelled for me to come sit with them. So I sat down in the empty seat beside Loki. " Your brother told me you're quite a fighter." he said.

" Did he now." I side eyed Loki, " Well he's quite good as well." I told him. 

" If you want you can always train on the training grounds. " 

" That would be lovely." I smiled. Looking down at my plate I saw a soup, with something living in it. No way I was gonna eat that, so I grabbed something that looked like bread and started eating it.

After breakfast I decided to check out the training grounds. Maybe I could make some friends, who had a ship. I grabbed one of the armours and changed behind a panel. When changed, I walked up to a group of young men who were talking. " Would anyone like to go for a round?" I asked them. 

They looked at me, not impressed at all. " We don't wanna hurt you miss." One of them said. 

" Oh don't worry about that." I said smiling. 

They all looked at each other " Alright." One of them said and stepped out in the circle with me. " I'll go easy on you." he assured me. 

" Well thanks." I smiled and he came running at me.

Time to refresh what Nat had taught me. When he swung his fist at me I grabbed it with my hands, thank god for those reflexes, and turned it around, throwing him away from me. " Is that all you got?" I asked him mockingly. He ran towards me again but I kicked him right in the gut. He stumbled backwards holding his stomach. But he came right back, and hit me right across the face. I didn't have my hands up, stupid move. The next time he tried to hit me I grabbed his arm, slammed him into the ground and held him in a stranglehold. 

" Thanks for going easy on me." I smiled and let him stand up. He walked back to his friends. 

" Well well," I heard a voice from behind me " Someone actually knows how to fight." It was Loki, walkin into the room. 

" Going around with the Avengers does have its benefits." I told him " You wanna go for a round?" I asked him. 

" Sure." he said walking into the circle. 

" But no daggers or tricks." I told him. 

So he put away his daggers to the side and held up his hands " No tricks." he said. We started fighting, both dodging each other's punches. 

" I thought Thor was the fighter out of you two." I said while ducking.

" I only fight when necessary." he said. After a few minutes I finally managed to kick him in the side, but he grabbed my boot and put me on the ground. I got right back up and tried to punch him in the face, but he grabbed my hand and put it behind my back. There was a flash of green light.

I was in a bar, watching the congress building in Vienna blow up. Bucky's face on the TV. The chase in Bucharest, the airport fight. Wanda all tied up in jail, my hands tied up as well. The ankle band, my fight with dad, the Washington monument exploding. The ferry breaking in half, the house arrest, the stars I watched with Peter.

He was reading my mind, I snapped out of it by pushing him backwards. He was confused, I couldn't believe he had just done that. You don't just read someone's mind. 

He looked me right in the eyes, " I didn't mean to." he said. 

" It's fine." I said walking out, going straight for my room. I hadn't thought about all those bad things for a while, only about how I missed everyone. He had just brought all of it back. I layed down under my blankets and started crying, I missed them so much.

I was back at that horrible dark throne room again. He was sitting on his throne waiting for his servant to speak. " Odin is gone." he said, proud to be the one to tell the news. 

" So Asgard is without a king?" he asked. 

" Yes, well no, not exactly, his daughter-" "

 Hela?" he asked. He knew her? 

" Yes master." the servant said " But there is no trace of the princes, I'm sure she wouldn't mind it if-" 

" Of course she doesn't care about th-" he stopped talking and looked straight at me " Little girl." he said " Still not prepared I see." I looked straight at him, but didn't say anything. " You shouldn't be eavesdropping." he said, and snapped his fingers.

I woke up covered in sweat. I took a shower and changed into a dress. Now I really needed to get back to earth. 

There was a knock on my door " Can I come in?" Loki's voice came from the other side. 

" Yeah." I said opening the door " We need to get out of this place. Back to Asgard and then to earth." I was pasing around. 

" Why are you so worried about getting back?" he asked " You're a wanted criminal aren't you?" 

" I need to warn my dad." I told him. 

" About what?" he asked. 

" I've been having these visions about a big purple man." I told him " He said that whenever Odin would die he could finally start his plan. And now that he's dead-" 

" A purple man?" he interrupted me. 

I nodded " Yeah I mean maybe it's nothing, just my dreams that are out of control but, I've been having them for years now." 

He looked to the side, then back at me " I think I know who you mean." he said. 

" You do?" I asked hopeful and confused. 

" Was he in a throne room?" he asked me. 

" Yes." he did know him. 

" It's Thanos." he said now quietly. 

" Thanos?" I asked, not knowing who he was. 

" He used the scepter on me and send me to New York." he explained. 

Wait what? " That was him?" I asked now more scared. 

" Yes." he sighed. 

" Dad was right." I whispered, they were coming back " We need to get out of here! Maybe if Thor gets on the throne instead of your sister we can make sure those people are still protected." 

" What people?" Loki now asked confused.

" I don't know, he said something about a gauntlet." 

He thought deep " Nidavellir." he said. I remembered that from books, the planet of the dwarves. I was ready to pack my stuff but Loki stopped me 

" Maybe," he said " If he's actually starting his plan, maybe it's safer to stay here." 

He had to be kidding me " Are you crazy? I have to warn my dad." 

" To do what? Wait to be killed together?" he asked. 

" Now maybe you don't get this," I said annoyed " But I've had him in my head ever since you used that damn scepter on me. And I can't just stay here and do nothing because I'm afraid. I need to find Thor and get the hell away from here." He didn't say anything. 

There was a knock on my door. " Mister Loki, the Grandmaster expects you at the party." A voice said and left. 

" Just go." I sighed, so he did. And I was still wondering where Thor could be.