You Came Into My Life And Now I Want You To Stay

Brendon sits in the room while waiting for more people to file into the room, along with the professor. He's always early for this class, but he can't help but love it. Psychology has always been interesting to him, he's always loved the way the human mind just works. It's hard to explain, but Psychology is hard to explain, and he gets so excited about these things. It makes him jittery and shaky, but in a good way. Maybe Brendon is a little bit of a nerd.

None of his few friends wanted to take this class because they said it was boring, but Brendon had tried to explain otherwise. Sadly, he couldn't get Gabe, Alex and Nate into it as they picked Zoology instead. But alas, it doesn't matter, because they would make fun of Brendon for geeking out about Psychology anyway, and he would rather not be ridiculed for what he enjoys, thank you very much.

So he doesn't know anyone in the class. No big deal, a lot of kids don't know each other in classes. Just because he's a little more open than the other students doesn't mean anything. It just kind of sucks when he tries to talk to someone next to him, just to make a joke about the class or ask a question, it doesn't really go farther than a chuckle or an answer. It especially sucks when Brendon introduces himself with his oh so charming smile and he just gets a tight smile and a jerky nod back.

But still, it's okay, it's totally okay. Brendon has his friends, so he doesn't need to make friends in this class. Just because he wants to, though, he doesn't think that should be a big problem. So what if he's more assertive than other people? That shouldn't be a bad thing. He likes to think he's a friendly person, pretty easy to talk to, can make people laugh. He makes his friends, and sometimes the people he's sitting around laugh at his low, mumbled jokes. So what's the problem? Is it him?

Well, whatever the case may be, he doesn't have to have friends in this class. Psychology is an awesome class and he enjoys it by simply being in there. It'd just be nice to have at least one friend in there, is all.

The professor entires the room and sets everything up while beginning the lesson. Brendon doesn't hesitate to begin taking notes, listening intently to Professor Caruso. She's a really good teacher, knows a hell of a lot about Psychology, but she is a bit of a loon. Everyone says it, but no one says it to her. It's kind of like high school all over again, but no one is arguing about it because it's like a well known fact.

After about a half hour of Humanism notes, Professor Caruso raises her voice to get everyone's attention. “Okay, now that we all know what we're talking about, time for a group project,” she announces. Almost all of the class groans, and she gives them a stern look to quiet them down. “There will be four people in each group and you'll be getting a sheet on what you're to be doing for your project. Now everyone get in your groups.”

Professor Caruso goes to her desk and begins calling out the lasts names of the four people who are in a group with each other, and Brendon tries to hide his grin. Doing a group project will help him make friends in this class, since they'll have to work together. Hopefully it's people he hasn't had the chance to (try to) talk to before so he can kind of start fresh. He usually sits in the back of the lecture room and he's got a pretty good view of the back of people's heads, but he doesn't know who many people are face-to-face.

There aren't many people left, and Brendon bites his lip hard to keep from smiling when he hears his name called. “Conrad, Ross, Urie, and Wentz.” He stands up and sees three other guys stand up around the room, looking around to find their partners. The area surrounding Brendon is mostly empty, since the students around him left to go to their partners, so once he sees his partners coming near him, he simply sits back down and waits.

Brendon's eyes dart from one partner to another, examining each of them. He doesn't know who is who yet, but his stomach is knotting in excitement and anticipation. As they all sit down with their things, Brendon sits up in his chair and smiles radiantly to the three of them. “Hey, I'm Brendon,” he introduces.