Chapter Twenty-Two

I didn't fall in love with you

I walked into love with you,
with my eyes wide open,
choosing to take
every step along the way.
I do believe in fate and destiny,
but I also believe
we are only fated
to do the things
that we'd choose anyway.
And I'd choose you;
in a hundred lifetimes,
in a hundred worlds,
in any version of reality,
I'd find you
and I'd choose you.

~~~~~~~~

{~Jungkook's POV~}

"So, you talked to her?" Taehyung asks me as we sit in his room, drinking herbal tea.

"Yeah, I did. She went back to school today, I think she's doing better." I answer then he raises an eyebrow at me.

"Why'd you say that?" He asks me as he takes a sip.

"When I saw her, she looked absolutely awful." I answer as I shake my head. "She hadn't showered in days, she lost about fifteen to maybe twenty pounds, she sliced her up so badly that she ran out of room on her arms and went after her legs, she basically looks dead." I explain then Taehyung just slowly nods.

"Like how you did?" He asks me and I slowly nod.

"Yeah." I answer then I shake my head. "She had just cut herself right before I got there and she cleaned herself up and I saw the smeared blood." I add then Taehyung nods.

"Hard not to hurt her, huh?" He asks me and I stop for a second.

I look at him as he continues to look at me as I look down and tap my fingers against the tea cup.

"Sometimes, yes." I agree as I take a deep breath. "Then there are times I want to just torture her, but I only do it slightly by scaring her." I add then Taehyung sighs.

"I'm going to be honest about when I had to do my mission in the eighteen hundreds." Taehyung tells me and I nod.

"Okay." I agree then he looks up at the ceiling.

"I remember when I had to stay with that girl, Rita, she was so stubborn but I liked it because it gave me a challenge. Anytime I did something mean, she'd have a stupid little remark and we'd argue constantly. There are times I wanted to bash a brick to her head, but there were times I wanted to pin her against a wall and kiss her endlessly." Taehyung explains as he smirks a little bit. "It was so weird and so extreme of what I felt. Because of who I am, I always thought of hurting her in some way and there were times I didn't like it." Taehyung adds then he looks down and smiles a little bit.

I look at him with slightly widen eyes, me seeing him smile for the very first time.

"The feeling was so new to me that I didn't know what to feel. I'm not gonna lie, I was a little scared of what it was or what would happen." Taehyung reveals then he looks at the window. "But I forever regret not telling Rita, how I felt about her, because in the end I watched her fall in love with someone else. Then in the end, right before our final part of the mission start, I killed her by stabbing her." Taehyung explains as his eyes slightly widen. "Holding her in my arms as I cried and cried and cried...and cried a little more," he says as his eyes water a little, "watching as her soul slowly left her body and she said to me...as her last words, 'Thank you, Taehyung...'" He says as a tear drips from his eye and he gulps, "'I love you.' and right before I could respond, she died. I screamed at the top of my lungs with no end as I buried her body underneath a cross, feeling how awfully painful it was, and begged the False God to have her in his kingdom. And he told me she was already there. I ran to Hoseok-hyung for comfort because he knew how I felt, so he comforted me the best he could." Taehyung finishes.

He clears his throat as he wipes his cheek and shakes his head.

"When Hoseok-hyung and I fought the other day, it kinda hurt. But I had to fight back." Taehyung tells me then I stare at the ground.

All the images I had with Y/N since day one, played in my mind continuously. Day one, I tried to kill her to get things over with, but seeing her face after I pushed her out the window, it intrigued me. Then after our heart-to-heart and she found out who I was, I realized that she understands me.

Even just having that make-out session with her, it felt weird. I didn't know what happened to me. Then the need to constantly protect her just grew and grew, and grew. Especially when Taehyung tried to kill her, it pissed me off. That's when I knew there was something up besides protection and lust behind it.

It was something so much more.

Seeing her in her apartment, how awful she looked, it hurt me so bad on the inside. That's when I knew, right then and there.

"I fell for her." I reveal then Taehyung stops drinking his tea.

"You what?" He asks me then I look up at him.

"I fell for Y/N." I repeat then he takes a deep breath.

"I had a feeling you did, but I didn't want to mention it." Taehyung comments then we stare into each other's eyes.

"What do I do?" I ask him, quietly.

"Continue to do what you're doing, but you have to tell her and protect her even more." Taehyung answers then he points to himself. "Because news from Hell are going to travel fast and the demons that are here to harm her, are going to swarm around her like crazy." He adds then I nod.

"When do I tell her?" I ask him then he shrugs.

"When you feel like the time is right." He answers then I stand up.

"I'll be at her apartment." I tell him and he nods.

"Have fun." Taehyung wishes me and I roll my eyes.

{~Y/N's POV~}

I arrive home and set my backpack by the front door and close the door behind me. I walk to my fridge and grab some ice cream and sit down on the couch, turning on the television to "Friends", once again.

Flashbacks of the first day I met Jungkook come to mind, of how the television turned to snow, the remote blew up, and him jumping out at me. I'd go back and change how that introduction went.

"Remembering when we first met?" He asks me as he walks out from the wall.

"When'd you get here?" I ask him then he shakes his head.

"Follow me, baby girl." He instructs as he grabs my wrist.

He pulls me down the hallway to my bedroom then closes the door behind me. He pins me against the wall and my eyes slightly widen. He stares into my eyes as he shakes his head at me as he chuckles.

"I don't know why, but I just can't stay away from you." He tells me then I place my hands on his stomach.

"T-Then don't." I respond then he smirks.

"Your call, baby girl." He purrs as he leans closer to my face.