4 | asgard

4 | ASGARD

Asgard was more beautiful than Rhea recalled

Asgard was more beautiful than Rhea recalled. The floating island was covering in beautiful buildings and, from afar, it looked to be painted in gold. Earth was certainly beautiful, but its beauty had to be looked upon from within. Rhea was outside the castle walls walking with Thor to find Loki who was posing as Odin in the throne room. "I almost forgot how much Asgard glowed." Rhea told Thor.

Thor smiled over at her, remembering how much she and her sisters loved living in Asgard. It was a powerful kingdom, but with Odin's demise, Thor wasn't so sure of how well he'd rule. Nevertheless, he knew he'd be a better ruler than his corrupted brother.

Rhea entered the throne room by herself, leaving Thor behind so that Loki wouldn't suspect anything. Loki was sitting on the throne, tall and proud, as an imposter of Odin. "Your Grace," Rhea bowed before me, "I am—" she began to introduce.

"Lady Rhea." Loki gulped. His stoic face faltered, showing a bit of shock. He didn't expect that visitation. No one had known where she or her sisters had disappeared to, and if Rhea were there, that meant that Phoebe was there. And he was very fond of Phoebe. She was the only woman he had ever been infatuated with.

"You remember me." Rhea smiled small, her acting was perfect. She wasn't letting on that she knew it was Loki the entire time.

"Yes, you were a kind friend to my sons." Loki nodded at her.

With a wave of her thin hand, Rhea removed Loki's facade. His Odin visage disappeared and he was exposed as Loki before all of his guards. The guards shot him a dirty look and some gasped. "Loki, son of Odin." Rhea smirked at him.

Loki's jaw dropped and he looked around, stunned. "Laufeyson!" He tried to correct.

"Did Laufey raise you?"
"...no."
"Odin did. So you are his true son."

Loki huffed and got off the throne to approach her. His brows her furrowed and he looked furious. But, when he was face to face with her, he engulfed her in a tight hug. They had shared many great memories as adolescents. She had taught him a great deal of things. "It's good to see you Rhea." Loki spoke, even though she had practically just stripped him of the throne.

"You know as well as I that Thor is the rightful heir to the throne. Don't make me have to come back to kill you so that Thor can rule peacefully." Rhea spoke calmly, yet intimidatingly.

Loki nodded like a scolded child. "You won't stay?" He inquired. 

Rhea sighed. "Cassy doesn't think it's a good idea."

"Would you at least try to convince her? You and your sisters were the only good thing to come out of Asgard for anyone. You brought happiness to the place." Loki's eyes were wide and pleading. Rhea couldn't help but to agree.

"I'll try my best." Rhea sighed.

* * *

Later in the castle, Phoebe was putting on trying on the shoes she had left behind. They were beautiful and they made her feel powerful. As she was strutting around in her heels in her room, Loki entered. She turned around to look at him. She smiled widely and hurried over to hug him. "I thought I'd never see you again." Loki sighed out in relief. It felt as if a thousand weights had lifted off of his chest when he finally saw her alive and well.

"You look well." Phoebe checked him out, boosting his ego a bit.

Loki chuckled. "You left me without ever telling me why." Loki mentioned, hoping she'd explain why. 

Phoebe held her breath and shook her head, not wanting to tell him of the horrifying beast that was to come for her and her sisters. "We weren't safe." Was all she said, and Loki knew that he shouldn't overstep and continue to ask about it.

"I missed you." Loki told her.

Phoebe shot him a toothless smile. "Loki, I thought you would have grown out of your infatuation with me by now." She sighed. She only saw him as a close friend, never a lover. She was far too powerful and she had too many responsibilities to fall in love with a man.

Loki looked down at his feet, sadly. "I know."

"You'll find someone soon. When you least expect it at that." Phoebe assured him.