5 | purple flowers

5 | PURPLE FLOWERS

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Cassiopeia asked Rhea, who was sitting across from her at the grand dining table in the Asgardian castle

"Our stay has been pleasant, don't you think?" Rhea asked her sister.

Cassiopeia hummed in pleasant agreement. "Wonderful, actually. I do miss this place." Cassiopeia admitted.

Rhea's lips twisted up into a smile. "What?"

"What would you say if I proposed that we stay a bit longer? We've only been here a mere day. I don't think it'd hurt." Rhea proposed to her sister.

Cassiopeia looked down at the delicious meal she was going to eat before Rhea interrupted her. Those kinds of exquisite meals were only available on Asgard. And back on Earth, Cassy would have to work. And she really didn't want to go back to work. She was quiet for a bit, knowing that they shouldn't submit to staying a bit. "I suppose only a few more days wouldn't hurt." Cassy appealed to Rhea's proposal.

* * *

A few months later, the three sisters were still there on Asgard. They didn't plan on it. They had completely forgotten about the danger of Thanos lurking nearby because they had been indulging in the luxuries Asgard had to offer them. Rhea and Thor had reconnected their friendship and had grown closer than ever before. The two were walking around in the castle's garden, taking in the beautiful native plants. "The Avengers. What were they like?" Rhea asked Thor about his experiences, wanting to catch up in the time she had with him.

"Strange," Thor chuckled recalling all the battles the team fought together, "but they became my family."

"I heard of Captain Chronos's demise. I'm sorry." Rhea could sense that she was important to Thor.

"Thank you. You would have liked her." Thor smiled up at the sky, hoping that she was somewhere better. Somewhere without any lurking darknesses.

"You know, I would love to see you cut your hair someday." Rhea digressed from the depressing topic.

"I would never." Thor chuckled.

Rhea turned to stare at the purple flowers before her. "You always loved those flowers. I'd always tell the gardeners to keep them planted all year round for you." Thor admitted.

"They're lovely." Rhea delicately touched one of them.

"Like you," Thor spoke to Rhea.

Rhea turned around and blushed up at him. She always enjoyed Thor's compliments. They reminded her of the beauty the gods had gifted her with. Thor placed his hand carefully under her chin and looked right into her caramel eyes. He didn't want to say anything in case he'd ruin the moment, so he simply kept his eyes lingering on hers. In that short amount of time he mustered all the courage he never had before to lightly place his lips on hers.

Rhea's breath caught in her throat. She didn't expect a kiss from him at all. She never thought that either one of them would ever get the balls to admit their love for one another. It was an early set love, one not cemented into a permanent and reliable source. A love only set on a foundation of sweet memories together as a child and their undeniable physical attractions for one another.

When Thor pulled away, they both turned their faces away from one another out of pure embarrassment. "Ahem," Rhea cleared her throat, "perhaps we should plan the feast for Phoebe's birthday tonight." She quickly began a subject so that they could talk and not have to stand in that uncomfortable and awkward silence.