Twenty One

His eyes widened and he seemed to be in a trance, not uttering a single word.

"Please say something." I whispered with teary eyes.

His eyes snapped to mine and a smile broke out on his face. "I can't believe I'm going to be a dad." He said softly.

My mood instantly uplifted and I smiled at him. He looked at me and buried his face in my neck. "God. I love you so much." He said.

I couldn't help but giggle. "I love you too." I said. If Antonio was by my side, I knew everything would be fine. I didn't care if I wasn't ready, if I had him, we'd go through everything together.

"When did you find out?" He asked, pulling back.

"This morning." I answered.

"Why'd you wait so long to tell me?" He asked.

I swallowed loudly. "I-I wasn't sure you'd want it."

His whole demeanour changed. "You weren't sure if I'd want my own child?" He asked, sounding hurt.

"I'm sorry, I really am, I didn't know how you'd react...I-I just freaked out." I said, nervously.

"Don't give me excuses, Corina." He said pulling back, I immediately missed the warmth of his arms. "I didn't know that's how you thought of me."

My heart clenched. "Antonio please listen to me. It's not like that." I pleaded, sitting up.

"No. I'm going out." He said, putting on a t shirt.

"No please don't leave." I said, tears gathering in my eyes.

God I don't want to cry again.

"I'll be back late. Don't wait up for me." He said and went out the door.

I buried my head in a pillow and started sobbing. But I knew I was getting what I deserved. I laid there for a while until my sobs died down. I really shouldn't have just assumed that, I know it's my fault. More tears threatened to escape at the thought of Antonio leaving me. I was so tired of crying.

There was a knock on the door.

"Come in." I said not getting up.

The door opened and I heard footsteps coming towards me and saw Heath standing in front of me.

"What happened?" He asked, crouching down at my level and wiping my tears with the pad of his thumb.

"I told him." I said.

His eyes widened. "And he left you?"

I shook my head. "He was really happy and he asked why I waited so long to tell him and I told him that I didn't think he'd want it. So he got mad and left." I said quietly as a fresh tear slid down my cheek.

"Hey, he'll come around, I promise." Heath said and he pulled me into his arms.

I let out a sob, resting my head on his shoulder. "It's all my fault." I said, crying.

"Shhh....he shouldn't have left you like this." He said rocking me back and forth.

"How could I think he wouldn't want it?" I said sobbing as my body shook violently.

"Hey, don't cry." He whispered, pulling back and wiping my tears.

I sat there in Heath's arms for a while before I felt my eyes droop and I dozed off.