Chapter Thirty-Eight

Y/n's pov

I let out a gasp and jumped back seeing the demonic creature by Jeff's side. Jeff quickly took notice as the thing growled at me and took a menacing step closer to me, Jeff quickly grabbed him by his unkempt mane and pulled him back a few feet. "Smile Sit." He snapped making it slightly sit on it's hind legs.

He looked down lovingly and scratched his head before releasing him and grading a plate of pizza. "You've never met Smile?" He asked cocking his head around to look at me. "No. Uh, is he yours?" I asked as my eyes stayed locked on the dog as his eyes followed Jeff in a protective manner.

I slowly back peddled till I was a safe distance away from the smiling creature. "Yes he is." Jeff beamed looking over at me still staring wide eyed at his pet. He let out a low chuckle and walked to his dog, holding him by his fur in one hand and his plate in another. "Here try and pet him." He said as he motioned to Smile.

I slowly reached my free hand out the bare minimum letting it catch my scent. The dog leaned closer resisting agent Jeff's hold and sniffed at my hand, I quickly pulled back fearing it would bite me. Jeff let out an annoyed sigh and let go of Smile's fur, he grabbed my hand guiding it to the dogs head, placing my flat palm against his matted red brown fur. The dog seemed to melt under the touch making me lightly scratch behind his ear. I smiled and kneeled down to eye level continuing to scratch his head until a voice called out. "Jeff, Y/n, the movies starting." Kate yelled in sounding impatient.

I quickly stood up and grabbed my plate as me and Jeff walked out of the kitchen, Smile staying glued in-between us. We parted and both sat in our own areas, him in a nest of ratty blood stained pillows and blankets with Smile sitting half way in his lap. I stuck to the couch sitting in the only spot available, between Lui and BEN. I wrapped a blanket around my frame and snuggled into the couch slowly starting to eat.

Everyone decided on The Nightmare on Elm Street and the begining credits started making everyone quiet down. "You can hug me if you get scared~" BEN whispered leaning towards me. I quicky locked eyes with him. "I would rather die." I said coldly turning back to the TV.

He chuckled slightly. "You'll see." he said turning away as well. I ignored his comment seemingly only making him more smug.