Chapter 9

As I awoke, I looked up to see Four still resting peacefully, his arms still wrapped around me. I smiled slightly before the memories of yesterday came flooding back and I gripped onto Four. As if he knew, he tightened his grip around me. I felt so safe in his arms, so warm.

I closed my eyes again and snuggled into him.

"How are you feeling?" His soft voice came and I opened my eyes again to see his warm brown eyes looking down.

"I'm ok...Im sorry. I didn't mean to fall asleep" I mumbled.

"it's ok" He smiled and let his arms go from around my shoulders. He stretched and yawned, looking at his watch.

"It's only midnight" he said. I looked confused...oh yeah - I'd come here pretty soon after the training finished and that was at about 5!

"I should probably go..." I shuffled on the sofa, going to get up.

"You don't have to..." Four looked and me and smiled again.

"I don't want to get you in any trouble..."

"You won't...are you hungry? We could go see if theres anything left in the canteen and you could grab some fresh clothes from the dorm then we can come back here?"

I nodded - that definitely sounded like a plan to me!

We left Four's apartment and I looked down the hallway towards Eric's but followed Four through until we came past the Chasm and towards the canteen.

The hallways were empty and there was no one around in the dining room either but a low rumble from the direction of the pit gave away where most people were.

"Hmmm...bread and chips.."Four said, surveying what was left of the dinner.

"I'm actually ok...i'm really not hungry"

"You should eat something...how about just some fruit?" He said, throwing me an apple.

"Ok...just this and some water is fine by me" I smiled, picking up a bottle of water.

He wrapped up some food for himself and shoved it into his jacket pockets.

"I'm going to go grab my stuff - I'll meet you outside." I said to him and he nodded.

I made my way down the corridor and saw Lu, Elias and Oli coming from the pit.

"There you are!! I've been looking everywhere for you! Where have you been?" Lu shreiked.

"Um...My fear thing didn't really go to plan - so I've just been chilling..." It wasn't a lie really...

She looked at me suspiciously but didn't say anything else.

"Was it that bad?" Asked Elias, looking worried.

"Yeah you could say that - what was yours?" I asked as we entered the dorm.

"Heights.."He replied

"Spiders" Said Lu, shuddering slightly

"Enclosed spaces" Oli said.

I nodded, putting together some bits as subtly as I could. I tucked them under my jumper and crossed my arms across my stomach.

"Oh! I forgot, I left my book in the library - I better go get it...I'll see you guys later!"

Lu glanced at me but said nothing as I ran out of the dorm...

I met Four by the Chasm and he smiled to me as we crossed over and walked back to his apartment.

He opened the door and I was just about to enter when Eric came out of his apartment further down the hallway. He spotted me and looked at Four.

"Aria?" He said, his voice still soft and calm.